Need Help W/ Missing Living Soil Amendment

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Consulted with the guru of organic farming today (for reals) and he assured me that using zeolites (assuming they are sourced correctly[Fedco's are from Texas]) in combination with humic acids is perfectly fine. He added that any chelating of aluminum would have to occur at a PH of 4 or below and even then he didn't allude to any real danger stemming from it.
He also told me that the zeolites are in almost every type of filter out there (air, water, blood) because of how they capture ammonia.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Neat stuff! I'm finally getting to meet more permies out here in the high dez, and I'm kinda interested in who you got to discuss this with. I'm such a dork.

Homesteader

Homesteader

He is a consult for commercial organic farmers who travels around the country but resides in the northeast. I'll PM his info.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

@jumpincactus Did you wind up doing any runs with clay? How'd it go?
Getting ready to fire back up and try @SeaF0ur recipe myself and I'm having a hell of a time sourcing this stuff
Where's he at anyway?
Cheers

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Also I heard that sodium bentonite lasts longer than calcium, did see anything to back it up but food for thought anyway

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jumpincactus Did you wind up doing any runs with clay? How'd it go?
Getting ready to fire back up and try @SeaF0ur recipe myself and I'm having a hell of a time sourcing this stuff
Where's he at anyway?
Cheers
I'm not real clear where ole @SeaF0ur is nowadays. I heard he may be hanging around IG.

I have yet to try the clay with my soil runs. It is on my list of shit to get to. You know how that goes. When I do I will post up on my thoughts and results. Peace

Top Bottom