Need help, what is wrong with my plants? (Purple & yellow leaves)

• Thread starter ahkjdh13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ahkjdh13

Hello, I need help diagnosing whats wrong and what to do with my plants. I was gone for 3 days and saw that the leaves are drooping, leaves are purple & yellow. Any suggestions?

Need help what is wrong with my plants purple  yellow leaves
Need help what is wrong with my plants purple  yellow leaves 2
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

What have you fed the plant?
What's it planted in?
Stick your finger in the pot to check moisture. Looks camel fart dry to me as well.
The purpling is cause buy cood nights, very high light conditions. A tan, could also be potassium related.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Hello, I need help diagnosing whats wrong and what to do with my plants. I was gone for 3 days and saw that the leaves are drooping, leaves are purple & yellow. Any suggestions?
Does look like the soil is dry, and perhaps was exposed to chilly nights. I’d also say it looks like it was transplanted recently and the roots are not uptaking nutrients making it hungry. This doesn’t mean feed it!

A

ahkjdh13

What's it planted in?
Stick your finger in the pot to check moisture. Looks camel fart dry to me as well.
The purpling is cause buy cood nights, very high light conditions. A tan, could also be potassium related.
1. Havent feed the plant anything yet. Just soil
2. Soil is fox farms happy soil
3. My moisture reader says its moist. Lmao at the Carmel fart dry
4. Yes the nights have been unusually cold for May (Cali).

Any tips to salvage it?

A

ahkjdh13

Does look like the soil is dry, and perhaps was exposed to chilly nights. I’d also say it looks like it was transplanted recently and the roots are not uptaking nutrients making it hungry. This doesn’t mean feed it!
Wow you are a mind reader!
-The plants have been exposed to unusally chilly nights
-They were tranplanted recently (Happy farm soil)
-And yes, It doesn't seem to be taking in nutrients.

What should I do to help them bounce back (if thats possible)?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

A shot of any all purpose fertilizer will do great. I mean anything from Schultz 10-15-10 in the little bottle with the dropper. Miracle grow 12-4-8.
I grew for many years with Pro-Mix from the hardware store. 12-6-6 and it's very good for veg if you can get it..
Promix

I'd say transplant into at least a 5 gallon size pot asap. Water the plant in well.
If you have bone meal mix 1/2 cup in soil before re planting.
Then mix some fertilizer 1/2 strength and soak the plant good.

The plant is wilting- look at the stems. This is not over watering droop.
The plant is very under potted and un happy about it.
The very light yellow color rather than nice green is low nitrogen. Do not mix up a strong batch just 1/2 strength as directed.
Water once a week with this for 4 weeks. The plant will bounce right back
The rest of the time just water when needed.
Then mix 3/4 to full strength as directed on the bottle.

This will get you sorted for now. A little Cal-Mag would help if you can get it. If not it's easy to make.
Don't worry about the purple the plant is fine, lots of potassium in the fertilizer your about to give the plant.

Don't over water but keep it moist and the plant will be standing up tall in a few days.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Oh ya one last thing. Toss the water meter. Nothing works like your finger!
I have had a very cool spring in South Western Ontario Canada as well this year. Not far from Sarnia. I started a couple indoors and transplanted outside 2 weeks ago. They did not like it at all. The others I just put the seed in the pots and they are not threw the ground yet. I'm growing 4 plants 100% real organic this year. Looking forward to a real nice crop in the fall.

Last edited:
Sunasun

Sunasun

What's it planted in?

Latest posts

Top Bottom