Need help white spots on leaves

• Thread starter Stevenh82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stevenh82

Stevenh82

Can anyone help identify what these spots are on the leaves, I've only noticed them today and only 1 plant has this out of 3. Any advice would be grateful.

Need help white spots on leaves
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Look underneath the leaves very carefully with a magnifying glass if you have one. My bet is spider mites. Most common cause of damage represented in your pic.

Stevenh82

Stevenh82

Look underneath the leaves very carefully with a magnifying glass if you have one. My bet is spider mites. Most common cause of damage represented in your
Look underneath the leaves very carefully with a magnifying glass if you have one. My bet is spider mites. Most common cause of damage represented in your pic.

Your joking, I haven't got a magnifying glass but used my phone zoomed in 20 times and can see little brown specs. Dont know if its medium or not as transplanted them this morning. What's the best way to treat it. Thanks

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Spider mites can be prevented and eliminated in a multitude of different ways. Neem oil if you're careful and still in veg is fine, but there's a lot to know about using Neem oil and if not done properly can cause more problems than it solves.

If in flower, I prefer this stuff - https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...8&sr=1-1-80ba0e26-a1cd-4e7b-87a0-a2ffae3a273c

It's pricey but it works, very well. Just follow instructions on bottle. Also organic.

Stay away from powerful insecticides like Eagle 20 and garbage like that.

For prevention, if you're growing indoors, try some Hot Shot "No-Pest Strips" https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Shot-No-...est+strip&qid=1607720967&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-2

Also you can use Neem and the bio-pesticide I mentioned above as preventative measures.

Stevenh82

Stevenh82

Spider mites can be prevented and eliminated in a multitude of different ways. Neem oil if you're careful and still in veg is fine, but there's a lot to know about using Neem oil and if not done properly can cause more problems than it solves.

If in flower, I prefer this stuff - https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...8&sr=1-1-80ba0e26-a1cd-4e7b-87a0-a2ffae3a273c

It's pricey but it works, very well. Just follow instructions on bottle. Also organic.

Stay away from powerful insecticides like Eagle 20 and garbage like that.

For prevention, if you're growing indoors, try some Hot Shot "No-Pest Strips" https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Shot-No-...est+strip&qid=1607720967&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-2

Also you can use Neem and the bio-pesticide I mentioned above as preventative measures.

Thanks, I'll buy some

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Kinda busy but a few quick tips on neem oil -

1. never ever ever even once spray neem when lights are on or sun is up. It is best to spray directly before or directly after the lights go off or sun goes down. Reason being- light will cause the neem to burn your leaves (look up neem burn). So make sure there is plenty of time for the spray to DRY to the leaves before light hits them.
2. Make neem oil with warm water and use a surfactant like a drop of dawn dish soap or some coco-wet to ensure a nice even coating when you spray
3. spray the entire plant, particularly UNDER the leaves - this is where mites love to live.
4. I also recommend mixing a few drops of potassium silicate with your neem spray, this will help act as an emulsifier, and further helps prevent Powdery Mildew (another common cannabis problem) - Emerald Harvest makes a great silicate called "Sturdy Stalk" - https://www.amazon.com/Emerald-Harv...rdy+stalk&qid=1607722066&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-2

Sturdy Stalk may appear pricey, and it is, a little, but it goes a very long way. I mean, 1 to 2 ml per gal. is all you need for spray, 2 to 4ml/gal for root drench.

5. Possibly most important to note that neem should not be used in flower. During the first week or two of flower if you have absolutely no other choice, fine. But it will make your buds taste and smell like neem if you spray on developed buds, not to mention health risks involved with smoking neem oil.

Ther0sis

Ther0sis

I use safer 3 in 1 spray. It is very effective and you can safely use it up 1 week before harvest. Check that but the stuff works great I've been using it for 8 yrs with no adverse effects.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Your joking, I haven't got a magnifying glass but used my phone zoomed in 20 times and can see little brown specs. Dont know if its medium or not as transplanted them this morning. What's the best way to treat it. Thanks

If theres nothing moving i wouldnt worry

Stevenh82

Stevenh82

I've ordered some stuff for spider mites but they got alot worse today. I sprayed a little ph water over the leaves to try and wash off some mites and they are like this now. Any suggestions the water was about 20-22 Celsius

Received 244134533715066
20201212 175147
20201212 175203
Stevenh82

Stevenh82

I've ordered some stuff for spider mites but they got alot worse today. I sprayed a little ph water over the leaves to try and wash off some mites and they are like this now. Any suggestions the water was about 20-22 Celsius
The leaves have went really thin and dark in colour looking

Latest posts

Top Bottom