Need Help With 16oz Cup Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter Grow420Fun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grow420Fun

Okay so I have a whole bunch of bag seed. Literally 50 already germinated ready for soil. I have a 40lb bag of Top Soil and a 40lb bag of 0.5-0.5-0.5 cow manure and compost soil. I figure Ill mix them half and half, opinions? Anyways where I live the sun is going to rise at 7:12 am and set at 7:12 pm in about 2 weeks and Ive seen so many party cup 12/12 from seed grows with people pulling about a quarter or more at harvest. I want to try a grow like that that with all this bag seed but how do you know how soon to give it fertilizer? Ive read so many different things Ive read to wait 2 weeks, Ive read to wait until you get a 3 bladed leaf and Ive read wait till you get a 5 bladed leaf. I usually wait until mine are a foot tall or a little less but Ive never grown out of 16 oz cups before so idk whats best. Oh yeah and also should I just start with blooming fertilizer or wait and use nitrogen rich fert until I see the pistils then switch to bloom?

Underthesun

Underthesun

Your seeds won't flower, or flower very well, most likely. The plants will be too young to be put straight under 12/12. Might be fun to try though.

G

Grow420Fun

But Ive seen people do it it before in contests etc and they'll have about 2 weeks to grow

G

Grow420Fun

Let me rephrase that they'll have 2 weeks to grow and will then be under 12/12.

Underthesun

Underthesun

You know, I've never tried it so I really can't say for sure. From what I have learned, a regular old seed needs to preflower before its mature enough to produce decent buds. I think this usually takes 6-8 weeks. I always thought those tiny plants were auto's or clones...you should try it and see what happens. I guess if you are in a warm climate and can let them go for awhile before its cold you could pull it off.

G

Grow420Fun

Yeah Im in a pretty warm climate, in the worst of winter it gets like 40 but most of the winter its 65 or 70.

G

Grow420Fun

Hey Oscar, I dont appreciate the sarcasm in your rude response. I asked for help and opinions. I know what Im doing when it comes to growing bud, I don't need to buy that shit. I just have never grown out of a 16oz party cup. Ive seen it done before and wanted to try it so asked for help. Which you apparantley don't have to offer.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Just put them out in those cups. When they're mature enough to flower they'll start flowering. And don't worry if the day will be shorter than 12 hours when they start shooting pistils. People grow 12/12 from seed when the place is tight and no overhead so you should be fine. Just go ahead and have fun. You have nothing to loose anyways ;)

Keep it green!

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Hey Oscar, I dont appreciate the sarcasm in your rude response. I asked for help and opinions. I know what Im doing when it comes to growing bud, I don't need to buy that shit. I just have never grown out of a 16oz party cup. Ive seen it done before and wanted to try it so asked for help. Which you apparantley don't have to offer.
There is none you need to read that book, I find it funny you on here asking for help and at the same time calling one of the best grow books ever wrote SHIT,....:bookworm: Also to update this post here is another one I have both and they both have tons of info.
Grow Book

Grow Book 2

Last edited:
lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

Okay so I have a whole bunch of bag seed. Literally 50 already germinated ready for soil. I have a 40lb bag of Top Soil and a 40lb bag of 0.5-0.5-0.5 cow manure and compost soil. I figure Ill mix them half and half, opinions? Anyways where I live the sun is going to rise at 7:12 am and set at 7:12 pm in about 2 weeks and Ive seen so many party cup 12/12 from seed grows with people pulling about a quarter or more at harvest. I want to try a grow like that that with all this bag seed but how do you know how soon to give it fertilizer? Ive read so many different things Ive read to wait 2 weeks, Ive read to wait until you get a 3 bladed leaf and Ive read wait till you get a 5 bladed leaf. I usually wait until mine are a foot tall or a little less but Ive never grown out of 16 oz cups before so idk whats best. Oh yeah and also should I just start with blooming fertilizer or wait and use nitrogen rich fert until I see the pistils then switch to bloom?
I think ur a little to late should of started 2 weeks ago you gnna need at least 1 month of veg before you can flower I've done 2 16 oz beer cup challenges and posted them on youtube and they both took me about 2 months from seed to harvest

lazyfarma420

lazyfarma420

There is none you need to read that book, I find it funny you on here asking for help and at the same time calling one of the best grow books ever wrote SHIT,....:bookworm:
View attachment 535007
I have all 3 grow bibles by Jorge amd to be honest those books are shit unless you Commercial growing it really wouldn't help him in what he trying to accomplish with the beer cups

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Oh wait, that's what Op did.. possibly off Oscar the grouch
You have been here on the Farm since mmm 4 days ago and are running the mouth like no other, The problem here is we have New people coming onto the Farm everyday asking the same old questions over and over again, If you want to rock 16 oz cups have fun hope its works for ya, But the isn't RIU home of the micro grows or closet grows, Maybe use the search button at top of this page or search google for old post or even you tube,

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I say give it a try I grew some beans a while back in the solos just for shits and giggles I vegged till they had true leaves and then straight to flower I did have some that mutated on me but then again I was using bag seed so who know but I did pull about7 gs give or take it was fun...
Any farmers out there wana play the beer cup challenge I have a huge seed collection that has a good amount of bag seed I saved over the years

G

Grow420Fun

I'm not calling the grow bible shit dude I said I didnt need to read it. Don't go taking my words out of context and make it seem like I'm knocking the book because I'm not, I was agitated because of your sarcasm..... No need to be a dick.
There is none you need to read that book, I find it funny you on here asking for help and at the same time calling one of the best grow books ever wrote SHIT,....:bookworm: Also to update this post here is another one I have both and they both have tons of info.
View attachment 535007
View attachment 535008

Top Bottom