Need help with 8x4 grow tent setup

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Okay so I am attempting to get my 8x4 grow tent setup. The tent is 6.5ft tall vivosun tent. Need best suggestion to place carbon filter in tent. Going to be running 3 spider farmer sf4000s. Was worried about putting carbon filter and fan directly above one of lights and the issue it could cause with only being able to raise light so high because filter would be in way. Bellow are some photos and videos of what I started. Please any help to finish this setup would be greatly appreciated. Running a 6inch infinity carbon filter and exhaust fan. Will be venting out to another room. Also suggestions on how to hang those fans in picture near lights for cooling

Need help with 8x4 grow tent setup
Need help with 8x4 grow tent setup 2
Need help with 8x4 grow tent setup 3
Need help with 8x4 grow tent setup 4
2Bad

2Bad

Okay so I am attempting to get my 8x4 grow tent setup. The tent is 6.5ft tall vivosun tent. Need best suggestion to place carbon filter in tent. Going to be running 3 spider farmer sf4000s. Was worried about putting carbon filter and fan directly above one of lights and the issue it could cause with only being able to raise light so high because filter would be in way. Bellow are some photos and videos of what I started. Please any help to finish this setup would be greatly appreciated. Running a 6inch infinity carbon filter and exhaust fan. Will be venting out to another room. Also suggestions on how to hang those fans in picture near lights for cooling
a 6 inch is pushing it for that size tent. but I've never tried it since I have a 8inch. it's going to have to be on the highest setting. It'll be loud too. might as well by a silencer for your inline fan but it'll lower your cfm even more. I think you shouldnt worry about putting your filter over your lights or putting the fans more so over top of your canopy if it hits the fans than great.

Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Mostly wondering if I should move it to back edge of tent and vent out through top hole that way I will be able to raise light higher as it won’t be over light interfering with light and allowing me to raise light a bit higher if needed. That and would testing my runoff pH and EC be good for checking and gauging soil so I don’t get lockouts or issues? Or do you think it would be worth it to purchase the blue lab soil pH pen? I have used the cheap ones and they are worthless, if they even do work at all they work only for like a day or at least it seems not even sure if accurate. Oh and last thing is should I add a 4 inch intake fan on opposite bottom side?

noturgenre

noturgenre

I have a tent the same size but I only grow in a 6x4 area. I use the rest space to house my equipment and get in and out for watering. I can go inside mine and close it to maintain habitat. In my case, I have an evaporative cooler style swamp humidifier and an AC unit, My six-inch carbon filter I have hanging above those on ratchet straps, that thing is heavy and you don't want to bump that thing and have it crush a plant. It has an inline fan and is plumbed to the intake air of the AC unit. All that takes up about a foot and a few inches on one far side of the tent. That fan runs slow when the Humidity is above a set point. the AC unit exhausts hot filtered air out a vent hose out the tent and house. Even drying and reaking in there there is no noticeable odor in the hot air exhaust or outside the tent. I live in the desert so humidity is a hassle, the Evaporative cooler maintains whatever I set the meter to and the AC unit kicks on a few times a day during the light cycle and helps cool the space. It's hooked to a waterline and uses 1/2 gallon or so a day I guess. I like to drop night temps during flowering 10 degrees, which makes for some vibrant colors on some strains. I lose 2 feet of space but it doesn't stop me from growing my legal limit, I'm getting on in years too so the little bit of space saves me stretching and leaning in trying to reach them. Back plants are accessible from another zipper. I can raise my light all the way till the transformers hit the ceiling, Last grow I wished they were 6 inches higher. I have two lights but basically the same number of led panels, mine are long rectangles. and they run longways a few inches from each side of the tent. I also have a pvc pipe frame with a lattice of support I made myself that hangs from 4 corner ratchets. It's 6'x4' and lowers down to the plants when I need them but can be brought all the way up to the lights when Im harvesting to hang buds from with clothespins. Couple 8 foot 3/4 PVC pipes, a drill, a ball of twine, and some handiwork all that took. I don't like the elastic ones, they move and have damaged my buds. In the corner tight and vertical may work the best from what I can see in your space, and should give you most of the space. In the other corner, you can stow some more gear, humidifier, dehumidifier, whatever. If you get any of them cheap rainbird meters, they work fine, just don't hang them inside in the humidity. If you're going to use every scrap of space to grow more than I do, Go bigger on the ventilation. Mine is adequate for six plants but Id double it if I could afford another filter and cut the airflow rate to keep the humidity from going up and down 3-5% percent. Mines had a few seasons as well and the flow is slowing. The ventilation system will suck in the sides of your tent just a little, so bamboo pieces taped between the rods, stiff wire, whatever ya can scrape up help hold the tent fabric from coming in and hitting the plants from the negative pressure. I insulated the inside of my tent with home depo foil-covered sheet foam I got them to cut the sheets 2x4 and used the good flexifit duct tape stuff to do pipes and tape the panels in. It's more like silvered plastic packing tape than duct tape. Regular duct tape will not stay on in the humid environment and go crazy with that stuff. I think it's like $17 a roll, worth every cent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom