Need help with a carbon filter set up..

• Thread starter Cloudy in here
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cloudy in here

Hey fellow gardeners,
Ive been doing this for a while but never had a need for filtering the air. Well the wife hates the smell and it seeps strait to the livong room upstairs..so I bought a can filter 30 pounds and a flange, six inches, and a max fan three speeds, its 300 cfm..
The room is a five by four and a half room built in my cellar.
Can I hang the fan and can above the lights to clean the air?
I always leave the door open so thats my fresh air..can the air be cleaned fhen expelled back into the same room?
Help would be soooo appreciated

A

Alien

Supporter
Hey fellow gardeners,
Ive been doing this for a while but never had a need for filtering the air. Well the wife hates the smell and it seeps strait to the livong room upstairs..so I bought a can filter 30 pounds and a flange, six inches, and a max fan three speeds, its 300 cfm..
The room is a five by four and a half room built in my cellar.
I always leave the door open so thats my fresh air..can the air be cleaned fhen expelled back into the same room?
Help would be soooo appreciated

You could use it as a scrubber, as your mentioned above, but you will not eliminate all odor. The best thing to do for smell, and proper ventilation would be to hang the filter and fan high in the room over your lights (where the most heat is), so your air is pulled from the hottest part of the room. Then run some ducting from the fan to an exhaust port out of your grow room so the hot stale air is leaving the area all together. It sounds like you have plenty of fresh air coming in, so your exhaust will pull fresh cool air passively whenever it is on.

Hope that helps.

DRorganic

DRorganic

do you have a air cooled hood. if so pull the air through the filter then through the light then out of the room. using dryer ducting the shiny stuff that vents the hot air from the dryer to the outside. kill 2 birds with one stone . get the smell out pluse the hot air from the light.

D

Dr.Green.Thumb

if u wanna run co2 u gotta have your lights and carbon filter on different ducting, or else u will just waste your co2.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
I always leave the door open so thats my fresh air

if the door is open then the smell will still travel ....close the door and scrbber will work fine

yes place the fan and filter right above lights heat will rise to them and be expelled:hi

Top Bottom