need help with a diy chiller

• Thread starter wantaknow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wantaknow

ok ,i have a aero cloner thats a pos ,dont work like i thought it would ,it takes way to long to root and the roots are like noodles ,not what i am looking for ,that beings said i was thinking a chiller may help it out a bit but cant drop cash on a maybe ,so i have this old water fountian and thought pull the chiller clean it up and have it recharged with r12 ,do you think its a viable idea ,any thoughs would be great

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I put mine on a 3 on 5 off timer to help keep the water kool and a kool room will help too and change water every other day it works for me hope it helps. Peace HDK

W

wantaknow

well its worth a try ,are you ph ing the water?is it ro ?

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I use reg tap in mine then switch to R/O in flower...and yes always ph and I also only use clone solution from ionic works great with the gel.

W

wantaknow

what should the ideal ph be ? i use dip and grow and olivias solution ,how long for your cuts to take root ?

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I get roots from 6 to 10 days max and big white healthy ones will post some picks later when get some....Ph I go for 5.8 to 6.2 either is ok for me..As for the dip and grow and olivias never used it. Another thing I do is cut off my mom let clones sit in a cup of water over night then re-cut with razor blade thats dipped in gel before cut each time then I let my clones sit in the gel for 5 mins or so then place in cloner. Hope this helps.

W

wantaknow

thanks hdk ,i will be taking cuts soon to run in my ebb and grow system ,its some rm double skunk and a ak x og i made ,then next run is for swerve with the deadhead og ,if it gets past customs ,i will put your advice to good use

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Great line up dank for sure, and your seeds will come, karma will be on your side. Good luck and keep it dank. Peace HDK.

B

billybadazz

ok ,i have a aero cloner thats a pos ,dont work like i thought it would ,it takes way to long to root and the roots are like noodles ,not what i am looking for ,that beings said i was thinking a chiller may help it out a bit but cant drop cash on a maybe ,so i have this old water fountian and thought pull the chiller clean it up and have it recharged with r12 ,do you think its a viable idea ,any thoughs would be great

yes it will work for a chiller did the same thing but for a 45 gallon reservoir I even put a heat exchanger before the chiller to futher cool it so the chiller had to work less. Personally for a power cloner thats a shit ton of plumbing and trial and error of DIY I would try freezing waterbottles and dropping in 1 every 8-12 hours or more often if needed- simple and free!! If not PM me and I can elaborate on the set up I used. Hopefully that helps bro

Top Bottom