need help with a leave-syndrom thats growing rapidly

• Thread starter mannitu68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

@TSD
have you ever encountered or seen this, that these symptoms show from overwatering? What would be going on then, absence of oxygen or maybe rootdamage already?

@Gandalf. nah i havent figuered everything out and also didnt want to be rude. just if somebody addresses me stupid, i answer accordingly. Also your answer just wasnt helpful. Nah your math is garbage. Funny is you shouldnt even need math for that...simply visualizing a 2x2 and a 4x4 and it still doesnt ring a bell for you, even hours later.Lol.
Not personally, I'm outside during flower and it's pretty hard to overwater in the ground... but yeah overwatering can cause a whole host of issues. They get oxygen through their roots, if they can't get oxygen, they can't carry out photosynthesis or any process properly, meaning they also can't properly use the nutrients you give them, so they could be showing a deficiency when they aren't actually deficient, they're just drowning.

TSD

TSD

I think you're trying to get too scientific without having the basics down first, watering and environment is more than half the battle. Next grow, have the same size pots with the same age plants and preferably the same strain to really get a handle on your watering practices. I have plants at 3 different ages and it's a pain in the ass... I literally write my notes on a calendar or my stoner ass will overwater someone... a cheap moisture meter for insurance isn't a bad idea either. Right now I'm I'm in .75 gallon pots, organic soil, extra air holes, decent environment (temp 75-80, RH 60-65) and I go 5 or 6 days between waterings, my oldest are only a month old, younger are all around 2-3 weeks, obviously bigger plants in flower drink more.

M

mannitu68

yes watering is not that easy, first i overwatered my seedlings, they got droopy and yellowish, than they recovered and then in the bigger pot i underwatered one plant...it also developed brown spots, small ones. So its actually the third time now, for each pot size i made one watering mistake XD.

Lets just hope thats it. It should stop progressing then soon.

yes im planing to stay on that routine. same strain with mineral fertilizer. However, next time each plant will have its own pot. Interestingly, the doublepack was much easier to handle.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

yes watering is not that easy, first i overwatered my seedlings, they got droopy and yellowish, than they recovered and then in the bigger pot i underwatered one plant...it also developed brown spots, small ones. So its actually the third time now, for each pot size i made one watering mistake XD.

Lets just hope thats it. It should stop progressing then soon.

yes im planing to stay on that routine. same strain with mineral fertilizer. However, next time each plant will have its own pot. Interestingly, the doublepack was much easier to handle.
Yeah cause it sucks down the water faster making it harder to overwater. Practice makes perfect.

M

mannitu68

ive just been lurking in someones threads...about spider mites, milbes, small flies on buds...is it common for all those things to occur in a small indoor tent? How do all these insects show up, always thought that cannabis smell will keep things away. Would like to avoid those things, is it good to put some filter material in all air-intakes? what about that rectangle-fine mesh that most tents have for intake...is that mesh fine enough or is it better to filter it even more`?

TSD

TSD

ive just been lurking in someones threads...about spider mites, milbes, small flies on buds...is it common for all those things to occur in a small indoor tent? How do all these insects show up, always thought that cannabis smell will keep things away. Would like to avoid those things, is it good to put some filter material in all air-intakes? what about that rectangle-fine mesh that most tents have for intake...is that mesh fine enough or is it better to filter it even more`?
Yeah through air intake or via the soil, or from other plants in or around your home, even on you as you come and go. Does the smell keep you away?🤣 plenty of critters that love, even prefer cannabis. We do such a good job of presenting healthy delicious foliage for them, it's like an invitation. Someone with more knowledge on tents will have to answer your filter question, I have a hillbilly setup because I'm only inside for a couple months. Pests are a part of growing for me, I do outdoor and try to keep it organic, so they are inevitable.

M

mannitu68

@KieferStufferland

ok

@TDS

so i let the 3 gallon pot dry out pretty much now..its pretty light, about 12 pounds now. Lighter than usual before it water it. Think im gonna water it in the evening or tommorow morning. What makes things difficult is, the pots seem to dry out from the bottom. The top always seems a bit more humid than it is down under. And i dont wanna grab into the pot to feel humidity, i dont wanna destroy all the fine roots.

another point of concern is, i dont know where to measure tent humidity for the best accuracy. The device in my tent shows 50-60% over the day. Ive seen a video from prof. Buckbee(hope im not violating his name) where he said its best to hold the sensor right to your exhaust pipe/directly on the filter where the air gets blown out. If i do that, i always get 10-15% more humidity reading. Going by that i have more than 70% most of the time, even with fan on high rpm.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

@KieferStufferland

ok

@TDS

so i let the 3 gallon pot dry out pretty much now..its pretty light, about 12 pounds now. Lighter than usual before it water it. Think im gonna water it in the evening or tommorow morning. What makes things difficult is, the pots seem to dry out from the bottom. The top always seems a bit more humid than it is down under. And i dont wanna grab into the pot to feel humidity, i dont wanna destroy all the fine roots.

another point of concern is, i dont know where to measure tent humidity for the best accuracy. The device in my tent shows 50-60% over the day. Ive seen a video from prof. Buckbee(hope im not violating his name) where he said its best to hold the sensor right to your exhaust pipe/directly on the filter where the air gets blown out. If i do that, i always get 10-15% more humidity reading. Going by that i have more than 70% most of the time, even with fan on high rpm.
If you're having a hard time with the moisture levels, I would get a moisture meter for insurance, I know some people stab them into the fabric pots and leave them there. I got one this year just because I have different age plants of different sizes and one different pot, it was like 20 bucks at my local garden shop, they're even less on Amazon I'm sure. Fabric pots are trickier to get the hang of watering in my opinion.

M

mannitu68

ive used a mykorhiza- product in the seedling stage...can someone tell only by a picture if this worked? Is this a normal root or are those mykorhiza at the roots? This was after 4 or 5 weeks when transplanting to the final pot

DSCI2053
M

mannitu68

@TSD
maybe you can help me to confirm another observation that i made...and that is, i feel that the "metabolism" in the plant is slower after watering. I can see that by the humidity readings in the tent. 2 days after watering, thats when they realease the most water out of their leaves, pores, whatever you want to call it. At that point i have to turn the exhaust fan to max. All that while i did expect the opposite. That makes me believe, they like that level of soil-moisture the most, when theres just a small amount of water left in the pot, they seem to work the most. They do best...whatever they do..whatever their daily routine is...at that level. Is usually normal?

R

rolandrog

@TSD
maybe you can help me to confirm another observation that i made...and that is, i feel that the "metabolism" in the plant is slower after watering. I can see that by the humidity readings in the tent. 2 days after watering, thats when they realease the most water out of their leaves, pores, whatever you want to call it. At that point i have to turn the exhaust fan to max. All that while i did expect the opposite. That makes me believe, they like that level of soil-moisture the most, when theres just a small amount of water left in the pot, they seem to work the most. They do best...whatever they do..whatever their daily routine is...at that level. Is usually normal?
I hope to help you, instead of giving you more trouble lol. Did you recently measure your TDS (ppm) of your soil? The soil may be locking out your nutrients. If your soil is not allowing water uptake, your plant will undergo nutrient burn initially. Good Luck.

Top Bottom