Need help with a Legal Grow set up

• Thread starter iBudman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iBudman420

So I have two thirteen by thirteen rooms that I plan on doing an 8 light grow in my basement. Four lights in each room. I'm using gavitas lights and just running two lights at 100% the rooms have gotten up to 80 degrees. I have a fairly large basement but let's just say the basement is 26x26. Right now I have two 12 inch inline fans but only one is hooked up. I have the room on the left side dumping to the right side but I'm not sure if I wanna construct an exhaust in the right side room to dump to the outside. The reason I say this is because I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action would be to cool the rooms down while potentially making sure fresh air comes into the basement. I was thinking of getting a HVAC mini split and having them put in both rooms but if I do that would the Exhaust pretty much dump all the cool air out? I'm also thinking if it would be better to get a larger maybe 40/50,000 BTU and put it on the other side of the basement and install an intake between the left side room and the other half of the basement so cool air just flows from the rooms then set up an exhaust on the right side room to the outside. I was also considering installing an intake fan somewhere in the basement to let fresh outside air in but the 12 inch inline fans seem to be pulling air from somewhere lol the house isn't crazy old but there's some cracks here and there where I feel wind coming in when the fan is on full blast albeit might be coming from upstairs or whatever but still air is air. Anywho if you guys can help me figure out an adequate solution to my problem I'd appreciate it. Altho the grow is legal I have the big inline fans with a carbon filter to not piss the neighbors off otherwise I'm sure just supplementing with C02 could help somewhere in this equation but I feel that too would just get exhausted.

S

snowmaners

Have you looked in to swamp cooler....also a legal grow with two rooms and 8 lights...how many plants can you have in your state? Anyway 80°. Is ideal for weed I grow mine out doors all super and 80° days is what I hope for how cool are you trying to get it? Also is it the lights heating the rooms? Before putting mini splits in invest in cooler output lights.. is this hydro or soil? If hydro you can run a chiller on the water system. Sounds like you got a decent size setup is the rest of your house on central? Or do you already have a couple mini splits now?

Top Bottom