need help with a mag ballest 220 volt

• Thread starter wantaknow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wantaknow

ok i re wired the ballest for 220 volt ,these are old diamonds with a lot of hours on them ,now when the timer turns on the ballest they strike and come on one is working properly the other two ,are not in full strike ,could this be the igniter going bad?i have switched the plugs around and the good one strikes normally in all sockets,i have switched a ballest out with a backup and get the same thing ,does the igniter slowly go bad?thanks for all help

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Somebody who really knows what is what will come along but in the meantime take the ignitor off the working one and put it in a non working one and see if it starts properly. If not then try the capacitor. When you got a working one it is easy to find out the problem by process of elimination. A hassle yes but still kind of easy.

You might know before anyone else answers this post. And if they do I think to be sure you will still do it. So get busy and report back here.

Yes you can catch a buzz first. But don't be lollygagging. LOL!

W

wantaknow

well switching things up reveled nothing ,but it made me chech the voltage from the timer and it is off ,so i belive a new high load switch is in order,thanks for the help

Top Bottom