Need help with a way to vegg for uc system

• Thread starter mrjn1125
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrjn1125

i need some help with a idea and way to vegg with my under current system, can some one please give me some help? i would be really thankful

M

Max Powers

keep your lights on 18 hours a day and top feed the plants by hand until the roots are in the water. that's about it

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Pre veg or veg? Just drop em in the system and they will grow

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I start them in a cloner and than move them to a small UC DIY 5gal system for veg for 4 weeks than right into the UC for flower. I switched to 10 inch HD net pots and they fit the pails perfect. Needed bigger lids with holes to fit the bigger pots in the UC.

hiboy

hiboy

Veg em in the system
unless your not wanting the wait time of 3 weeks to veg.
start them in net pot same size as flowering one, manual water even...
in a flood table, ive seen custom tops outta stryofoam ,. table style
get em 2 feet tall
h

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Suggestion... make sure roots are long enough to touch the bottom of the net pot before adding medium. Then only alow the water to be up 1" until the roots start coming out the bottom... then lower the water level 1"-2" below the net pot in the bloom UC unit. Just got this advice from people. I have mothers in 8" netpot lids for 5gal buckets and it has been a pain in the ass top feeding LOL. If I had to do it all over again... this is what I would have done.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

This will work on a bigger table spread out more
Top feed
oh_ya_001.JPG

This is my preveg tray and it only takes about 4-5 days to have roots popping out like crazy
BG

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Very nice BG... I just had trouble with hydroton. It gets funky if water is not chilled. Also clean with H2O2 before use... learning the hard way LOL.

Hey BG... did you have the top feed going all the time or on a timer? If on the timer... what worked best for you?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I run it on a timer. The first week I water every 2 hrs after that every 4 hrs. Its the simplest and most effective way to pre veg for me. I dont run a chiller either the water temps around 78f and its smooth sailing but dont forget the aquashield

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am veggin on the ebb&flow tables and then strait into flower with great success.

Tex

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

im not in a uc yet but id imagine the aeroflos would work like magic
very very similar idea, so i imagine it would be almost stress free from transition into the big buckets
i think i saw desert squirrel using one

Top Bottom