Need help with AC problem

• Thread starter XxShibbyxX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

XxShibbyxX

Hey everyone I just had a question. I have a room right now it's 20x20 let's say and I just bought 2 28000 btu window units by frigidaire. I fabricated a box around the back of it with a hole for exhausting the hot air. Now the ac compressor keeps kicking on and off and just one of these things should be able to cool the whole room so my question is are these units not working properly because they aren't installed properly or could I have another problem? They were tested in front of me when I bought them and they worked fine so I figure it must be something I'm just doing wrong. I am renting so it wasn't my first choice to cut a huge hole in the wall but if I had to I would.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey everyone I just had a question. I have a room right now it's 20x20 let's say and I just bought 2 28000 btu window units by frigidaire. I fabricated a box around the back of it with a hole for exhausting the hot air. Now the ac compressor keeps kicking on and off and just one of these things should be able to cool the whole room so my question is are these units not working properly because they aren't installed properly or could I have another problem? They were tested in front of me when I bought them and they worked fine so I figure it must be something I'm just doing wrong. I am renting so it wasn't my first choice to cut a huge hole in the wall but if I had to I would.

The compressor is overheating. Let me see ur setup with some pics. I am a HVAC guy.

X

XxShibbyxX

I should have some pictures up soon I've been stuck using my phone as Internet.

Top Bottom