Need help with additives, have shooting powder, moab, big bud

• Thread starter vertstyle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vertstyle

Running 8-9 weeks total, I figured it was probably late for the big bud.
I did the shooting powder at 1 satchet per 25 gal. Total ppm at about 1100, they were at 1500 before I did the shooting powder.
Also at 166 watts/sq ft for the last half of flower vs 66 watts/sq ft for first half. Should be interesting to see what happens there. Kind of messes up the controlled test on the shooting powder though.
I plan to skip the shooting powder next time and do the MOAB instead since it is quite a bit cheaper.
Also been thinking about doing the shooting powder week 6, then moab week 7, since I've already changed things so much by adding the extra light in.

L

Loudblunts

here's the deal

never ever ever go mixing shit up if you dont know, capiche?

lol our nutrients can be made into bombs, yo lol

sike nah on a more serious tip...pls take heed to what mcattak is saying about using in unison as you may get yourself a ptox ;)

futhermore, shooting powder (0-9-20) is already some super concentrated shit. Shit is so powerful, it will bring out the bitch in weak genes...

Use as directed and dont overdose.

Also, Most flowering boosters (i.e. your shooting powder and such) should not be mixed with any type of flowering stimulator. they are both different and will react and you can cause your plant to fuck up something and/or you thinking it will increase yield while on the contrary it will just decrease yield.

Stimulators are nutrient additives that are only ran for a period of time. 3-4 days tops and then drained and resumed regular feeding after that.

Shooting powder specifically should be started 3 weeks ahead/before harvest. i.e. 10 week strain you wanna start giving her some s. powder around week 7.

the satchet calls for 25 gallons. to break that down just plug in numbers as so. there are 65 grams in the satchet of shooting powder (as indicated by the package) and dosage (as indicated by package as well) ratio calls for 25 gallons

65 grams / 25 gallons will give you 2.6 grams per gallon (or you can go 1/2 teaspoon if yer picky)

this above stated is for the first week of the last 3 weeks of life (i.e. on a 10 week strain, this would be week 7, correct? )

for the last 2 weeks you would double that ratio (as indicated on package) @ 5.2 grams per gallon (2.6 grams x 2, correct? )

i've been thinking about making the switch to madd farmer's moab myself...i mean for 2.2lbs and 70 bucks....cant beat that, right?

i've heard its the closet comparison to shooting powder with a stress relieving agent in it as well....i cant find any info on dosage ratio though.... i may just order some for the fuck of it...or maybe a few samples from the folks...

keep me posted if you find any dosage ratio on moab, thx in adv

hopes this helps

:D

M

mcattak

Running 8-9 weeks total, I figured it was probably late for the big bud.
I did the shooting powder at 1 satchet per 25 gal. Total ppm at about 1100, they were at 1500 before I did the shooting powder.
Also at 166 watts/sq ft for the last half of flower vs 66 watts/sq ft for first half. Should be interesting to see what happens there. Kind of messes up the controlled test on the shooting powder though.
I plan to skip the shooting powder next time and do the MOAB instead since it is quite a bit cheaper.
Also been thinking about doing the shooting powder week 6, then moab week 7, since I've already changed things so much by adding the extra light in.[/QUOTE/]

Wow 166 watts sq/ft..

I run 2k over a 3x6..

You run 3k over a 3x6...Likey likey

The Joker

The Joker

I just used the MOAB for thr second time based on the advise of a friend of it's creator (Useless tested it before it was released). I used it 1/2 strength in week 1 of flower and then full strength in week 7 with a 50% nute solution. It was a 10 week strain and got a 2 week flush. It takes a bit of time to metabolize. I wish I would have used it in week 7 with no nutes at all. Slight leaf tip burn , but it did boost a crappy yielding strain I was growing. It's based on Koolbloom powder.

V

vertstyle

Used the shooting powder for a week, drained and refilled res, put in a light dose of nutes and a light dose of moab. We will see how it turns out.

The shooting powder seems to have increased bud size a bit. I have a strain that produces bananas around week 8, it did it week 7 this time with the shooting powder.

V

vertstyle

What does p/k actually do? Adds size? Density?
Hammerhead, overdrive, shooting powder, moab, big bud are all p/k boosters mainly right?
Any real difference in them besides the ratio?
Why run big bud or hammerhead at the start of bloom instead of just a lower dose of moab?

C

CannaColorado

So wait, do you run shooting powder with nothing else in the REZ? I am just confused cause i am running aquaflake for the first time and the nutrient calculator says its added into everything.

Just curious as i was planning on using the shooting powder as well, but it would be sad if i broke everything hahaha

S

steelyeyes

I'm running Aquaflakes, multizen, and for now root excellurator and getting ready to move to 12/12 on some clones. I don't want to spring for a recirc pump for my res right now so shooting powder is out. Is there something I can use, like Hammerhead, instead?

S

steelyeyes

I went with Kool Bloom since I had some on my shelf and it's just the first week of flower. I guess I'll see how it goes. I might get a recirc pump for my res anyway but the shooting powder is expensive. Is it worth it or not?

L

Loudblunts

Used the shooting powder for a week, drained and refilled res, put in a light dose of nutes and a light dose of moab. We will see how it turns out.

The shooting powder seems to have increased bud size a bit. I have a strain that produces bananas around week 8, it did it week 7 this time with the shooting powder.

oh yea i forgot to tell you.... shooting powder is so strong... it will point out and show weak genes.

i.e. if a strain has a hermie tendency down the line... a powerful p/k booster such as shooting powder, will bring out the bitch.

L

Loudblunts

What does p/k actually do? Adds size? Density?
Hammerhead, overdrive, shooting powder, moab, big bud are all p/k boosters mainly right?
Any real difference in them besides the ratio?
Why run big bud or hammerhead at the start of bloom instead of just a lower dose of moab?

correct, size & density.

and yes, those are all p/k boosters

sure there is difference, but like you said they all are p/k boosters.

some just work better than others. some are also applied differently than others.... i.e. Hammerhead being applied once flowers start forming ( 2 weeks in normally) @ 1-2teaspoon i blv per gallon all while using it throughout the whole cycle

while others only tell you apply at the end of the bloom cycle

some folks think they are getting bigger buds if they run hammerhead during the whole cycle as opposed to dosage instructions say like shooting powder in the last 3 weeks.

L

Loudblunts

So wait, do you run shooting powder with nothing else in the REZ? I am just confused cause i am running aquaflake for the first time and the nutrient calculator says its added into everything.

Just curious as i was planning on using the shooting powder as well, but it would be sad if i broke everything hahaha

you're confused because you are confusing yourself brother.

dont make it so hard on yourself. its right there for you. plug in numbers. its plug and play

the chart spells it out for you.

using shooting powder and nothing else in the reservoir would be semi equivalent to me stuffing you with water and not giving you food to eat. (cues the big head skinny chick who got more head then she got body :D )

everything that chart calls for, use it :D

all you need to know is, dont try to use shooting powder with a high EC... keep your EC @ 1.2-1.4EC....preferrably 1.2EC then use the proper dosage for shooting powder.

see my formula to break down the instructions if you dont have a 25 gallon reservoir (previous post in the thread). (2.6grams per gallon in first week, then double that in the last 2 weeks)

L

Loudblunts

I'm running Aquaflakes, multizen, and for now root excellurator and getting ready to move to 12/12 on some clones. I don't want to spring for a recirc pump for my res right now so shooting powder is out. Is there something I can use, like Hammerhead, instead?

I went with Kool Bloom since I had some on my shelf and it's just the first week of flower. I guess I'll see how it goes. I might get a recirc pump for my res anyway but the shooting powder is expensive. Is it worth it or not?

im confused by your post.... what does 'i dont want to spring for a recirc pump for my res right now' have anything to do with shooting powder?

did you bring that up cuz you are afraid of it clogging?

if not, what exactly are you talking about? no recirculating pump? how exactly do you water your plants? then again, why are you using the 'recirculating' line aka aqua flakes, if you dont have a recirculating system? *just a thought, not a flame*

either way, if you are confused, you dont need a recirc pump for anything....just mix up your nutes as usual.

shooting powder is no different.

it will completely dissolve as well. It looks like orange coke/heroin.... i swear the damn chemisty @ H & G are like some ex- drug addicts or junkies...lol... all their shit looks like something i've seen in my life...or maybe thas me? Hell even that Bud- XL almost looks like some "texas syrup"

anyway sorry for the off topic lol..but yea long story short that shooting powder dissolves fully

it seems to be almost carbonated or something....

V

vertstyle

I would say on most of the strains shooting powder had no obvious effect. 3 strains are new so I can't tell, 1 I've ran before. The 1 I've ran before it didn't seem to do anything. The romulan I'm running is new and it has definitely put out a bunch of new flower growth. It has that glossy new look to it, and pistils that are behind in development compared to the others. It will extend the flower time, but did add weight.

M

Mmmmasonite

DWC with house and garden aquaflakes.
I'm at week 6 flower.
Just added shooting powder.
I've got big bud and moab, haven't used them.

1. Should I add either on top of the shooting powder?

2. Moab and shooting powder are very similar right?

3. I've been considering using humboldt gravity to increase density, is this needed or does something I have already cover it?

Thanks!
MOAB and shooting powder are very similar...High phosphorus, high potassium boosters...However, I wouldn't mix them....The difference between the two is that Shooting powder shouldn't be used to initiate flowering whereas MOAB can be used in the first week of flower to initiate budding. MOAB is has a much higher P/K ratio which could lead to bigger yields than shooting powder but a decrease in taste when compared.

S

SeekOne

Keep in mind that shooting powder initiates a second round of flowering in your plants which in turn adds size. This is why so many say to run your strain a little longer (I.e.a week or so). No need to run any other pk product with it. It is good stuff. I cut my base nutrients down by about 1.5 ml per gallon when I start the shooting powder but leave everything else that the feeding chart calls for the same. In addition, I only run the shooting powder at one sachel per 40 gal the sixth week of flower and bump it up to 1.5-1.75 the rest of the cycle. This keeps my ppm's at about 1300. I am using tap water not r/o so if you are using r/o then you may be able to add more shooting powder. You really shouldn't need to run ppm's too much higher then 1300. I have, but have found through the years I have been growing that it's not needed. Your results may vary. Good luck. Hope that this helps you.

SeekOne.

S

steelyeyes

im confused by your post.... what does 'i dont want to spring for a recirc pump for my res right now' have anything to do with shooting powder?

did you bring that up cuz you are afraid of it clogging?

if not, what exactly are you talking about? no recirculating pump? how exactly do you water your plants? then again, why are you using the 'recirculating' line aka aqua flakes, if you dont have a recirculating system? *just a thought, not a flame*

either way, if you are confused, you dont need a recirc pump for anything....just mix up your nutes as usual.

shooting powder is no different.

it will completely dissolve as well. It looks like orange coke/heroin.... i swear the damn chemisty @ H & G are like some ex- drug addicts or junkies...lol... all their shit looks like something i've seen in my life...or maybe thas me? Hell even that Bud- XL almost looks like some "texas syrup"

anyway sorry for the off topic lol..but yea long story short that shooting powder dissolves fully

it seems to be almost carbonated or something....

I had a fill pump to water the plants and a drain pump to drain them after the fill cycle. I had an airstone to stir the tank but didn't feel the need to buy a pump to keep the tank stirred. Since then I got one. Some people swear it makes a difference, although I haven't seen a huge one.

This crop I'm running Bud XL (ran it actually) and shooting powder at almost full dose (1 or 2 satchels per 30 gallons instead of 25) and the girls seem to like it OK. I'm not seeing colas as big as a baby's leg but no burning so far either.

I was going to start a thread on P/K boosters but might as well as my question here.

Has anyone looked into how many PPM of P and K each of the major brand P/K boosters have in them and compared price? P and K aren't magic nor are they expensive in and of themselves. From what I can see (with my limited knowledge) that Kool Bloom, Add .27 Bloom from Dutchmaster, Kushy Kush, and Shooting Powder all do the same thing. The only possible difference would be some other additives each might have.

Top Bottom