Need help with basement prep!!!

• Thread starter Tokingblack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tokingblack

I have an underground basement in which i will be building another PVC NFT system, my question lies in the fact that nobody has set foot in this underground cavern since the early 1900's (pillars are structionally sound and okay for habitation).

in cleaning the dried out decades of fungal spores, what would be the "correct" chemicals/cleaning solvents that are organically friendly as to not hurt my hydro-organic growop?

thanks

"Token"

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
physan 20 is some good shit - safe for plants

S

smokestack23

Yup. Physan20. It's wicked stuff and as ml said..safe for plants...but..I hope it does the trick. Maybe you're gonna need something even heavier?? I have no clue..just sounds like a scary proposition. hopefully someone has 100year old dankness experience.

Oh and..had a good laugh when I read the words..."underground basement" as opposed to penthouse or top floor "basement" lol.
sorry..couldn't resist.

Good question ...looking forward to hearing if there's anything stronger than the Physan.

PEACE.

hiboy

hiboy

afta ya treating and spraying is done, coat all possible surfaces with paint. Slap that shitz on thick,
Make that basement bomb proof.
h

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

tents and carbon filters might be in line, at least for a run or two
sounds like a fogger would be real effective there too

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

I think your first step is a good power washer. Hot water supplied if possible. 100 years of dank musty air and creatures beyond imagination, sounds like a lot of work. Better thoroughly inspect any drainage and sump pumps before you start. You could easily blast 50 gal in a matter of minutes. If you can't use a PW, I'd suggest getting one of those commercial type rolling mop buckets and a real HD mop. Harbor Freight has em for about 30$ and some real good scrub brushes too.
Physan is a good choice, but probably more for final wipe down before painting. I'd think just about any of the advertized "green" products would clean pretty well. Lots of bleach, too.
I've built a few grow rooms in old basements like this before. Know that you're in for a lot of work to get it reasonably clean, but the rewards are worth it. Hell, constant ambient temperature alone is worth the effort.
Good luck.
Fred

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bleach can work, but it's not a method I prefer. Chlorhexadine is a good product, also look at quaternium ammonium products. Physan 20 would be another, but might become a little expensive.

B

Budshoteyes

If your really worried about mold and spores, javex the hell out of the room! Then consider a marine paint that is anti fungle etc

And perhaps fit a grow tent in there and seal it as best you can!
Or build a wood frame of walls...8ft x 8ft cost less then $50.00 to build,then add refectix or panda to seal it all up!

You have many options,good luck!

Top Bottom