Need help with clones

• Thread starter Dan-E
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dan-E

I can't seem to get clones to root, I soak the rockwell cubes in PH 5.5 water over night, I use clonex rooting gel
I put the clones strait in to a heated dome, I mist the them 3-4 a day, I got 8 clones all died after 3 weeks' then I got 8 more and three made it, what am I doing wrong?

T

Trim Reaper

You need to pre soak rockwool first in ph 4.5-5.0, then do a second soak ph 5.0-5.5. I also add a few drops of superthrive. This will get rid of the extra lime thats in the rockwool. Also make sure your tray is not too warm, alot of heatmats just fry everything up. Shoot for a temp around 75.
Good luck Brutha.

M

moodster

all iuse now is take the cut bang em in to soil put em in a small pot clear cup with holes in over the top and roots in a week

D

Donk Frog

I don't know why everyone likes heating pads or dome heated...heat invites problem during rooting clones, and too many heat pads are way too hot try not using the heat pad, or whatever you heat with as i have 99% success and never use a heat pad.

MARTA

MARTA

Make sure that the plant you are taking cuttings from is not over-fed...

Too much nitrogen = no roots.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
No heat mat.....be sure and wring out the excess water of your rockwool, too wet, no good.....mist only once a day or only when you see there is no condesation on the inside of the dome....leave them alone and check in 7 days..

To much attention actually works against you on clones, just let them do their thing.

Tex

S

SNIPER23

Try using a hint of bleach will prevent root rot and stimulate root development

Top Bottom