Need help with container size

• Thread starter arikjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

arikjay

I'm planting 6 feminized seeds in 2.6 liter plastic containers. I'm wondering if these pots are big enough to flower in. I'm growing under a 400 watt hps in a 2x2x6 ft section of my closet. Should I upgrade to a bigger size container than the 2.6 liter? or do you think this size will do well? I'd like to hear any info on grows in similar sized containers. Just wondering what size of yield to expect from these six plants. By the way the strains are:
2xBahia Blackhead
1xBlue Widow
1xSkunk #1
1xCalifornia Orange
1xCalifornia Hash Plant
Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:rasta:

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

the bigger the better, and you should look into "smart pots". Never count your yield until you're weighing dried, cured nugs. :)

A

arikjay

ya i was considering 1 or 2 gallon containers but wasn't sure how well the six plants would fit in a 2x2. In a sea of green style grow can the containers be close to touching each other if you are just focusing on growing one single large cola per plant? Do I have enough area to top and bend my six ladies in the 2x2?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Brother, that is quite a small space- Have you considered screen of green instead of sea of green? That's generally considered the best way to get maximum yield out of minimum space. There are tons of threads on the Farm- search "scrog" or screen of green. Let me know if ya get stuck. If you grew out all of one strain, I'd recommend a soil bed and a scrog setup. Not generally good to grow mixed strains with the same nutrients- some girls are picky eaters...

A

arikjay

Yes I've seen some quite impressive Scrog grows on the farm. I'd like to try Scrog in the future as it seems to yield much more, but I'd like to complete this run as quick as possible (minimal veg time) so i won't be trying it this round. As for the mixed strains I'm running, they were all freebies from attitude seed bank (except the Bahia Blackhead) and I'd like to flower them to see how they turn out. I'm sure running all one strain would be a lot easier nute/feeding wise, so I'll most def keep it to one strain next round. I'm hoping to achieve an even canopy with these, although that may be hard with 5 different strains.

A

arikjay

2 plants in a scrog, or even 1 for a 2 x 2 space.

yes that sounds ideal. just gotta get these beans outta the way I've had them quite some time. plus the variety sounds appealing as I enjoy sampling different flavors:mmm

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

If you're growing from seed, do what you can. You'll probably have a male or two to cull, so the space will open up a little. Good luck!

Top Bottom