Need help with drippers

• Thread starter ukbigbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukbigbud

Hi quick one here. going to use some dripper rings on a small scale.
using coco but the water will be pumped from a butt. ive been told canna coco ab, house and garden coco a b will salt up in the end in the holes in the ring. can any one tell me if this is true and if it is suggest another line up of nutes, like ghe maybe or other. based in the uk

many thanks

jagle

jagle

i think this is something that can happen with any nutes.

flushing your ress and the hoses with water with h2o2 cleans em out i read

U

ukbigbud

does anyone else have any ideas on this, help will be appreciated. thanks

M

meercat.com

vitalink supposed to have some salt cleanup in the mix helps keep em clean check vitalink grow n bloom they have hard water n soft too hope helps mate!

singlespeed

singlespeed

You can use Clear-x every few weeks to flush your system. It will breakdown salt and other mineral build-ups.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

double flush and then change your nutes to organic...the excess salt/phospates are rampant in artificials...plus its actually EASIER to grow organic nute way, less time watching the pH meter every hour of veg and first week of flower, plus better tasting, better and longer high...and all around better quality...(once youve had regular milk all your life you feel its the bomb, till ya try organic milk....then you find that its much cleaner tasting and better....."food for thought" as it were)

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

are you talking about using actual drip line with pre punched holes? if so i dont care what u run they will clog. thats stuffs good for co2 imo but thats about it

if you are talking about making rings with say 1/4" tees for your holes or something like that you will be fine. HG runs super clean especially if you use drip clean.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I have used H&G and Canna with my home made drip rings made out of 1/4 drip line and T's with no clogging problems. The only clog that I have ever had was when the outlet of the T got stuck into the coco. Just keep them above the coco, an eye on the flow and you should be fine. Flush them after the round, and just replace after 2-3 runs. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

156716d1309661952t-coco-round-2-alien-dogs-doom-img_2611.jpg.att

-TF

P

PuraVida305

go with H&G and use the drip clean and you won have a problem.... GL

S

smokestack23

As anyone whos read any amount of my posts knows...I don't agree that organic makes a better product. I won't go into all of it but...plants use elements. Those elements are the same no matter WHERE they came from. Plants don't/can't take up sugar or bone meal or guano or molasses...those "ingredients" need to be broken down into the same "chemicals" that non-organic nutrients supply before the plant can use them.
I've seen countless blind taste tests (granted, only with produce..not weed) and never ever has anyone ever been able to consistently chose the organic food over the non organic. Visually, by smell...or taste

ANYWAY..that's a whole nuther argument for another thread. I'd be happy to see...no..I'm HOPING to see a study or test that shows organics are better. Who doesn't want to grow better weed?

So back to the drippers lol.
I use SM-90 but not to keep my feeders clean..I use it to keep my systems sterile.
I don't run "drippers" but rather just a pour out of the small (1/8"?) drip hoses that feed my plants 24/7. I'm doing RDWC with Hydroton.

There are plenty of ways to keep the holes open in your rings though.
There are nute companies (cant recall which offhand) that sell nutes designed so they WON'T clog drippers.

Then there are all the products that might unclog or keep em unclogged like Dripclean, Clearex, Florakleen etc. Some of them though (Clearex) are just sugar and water so I don't see how they would unclog anything. Some of them are primarily for use as flushers...to flush the nutes out of your plants and their roots.

You can do what was suggested and rather than having holes in the ring, insert a T every couple of inches and let the Ts be your "drippers". They'll pour though so if you're on an intermittent feed cycle you'll probably want to decrease the cycles or flow somehow.

You can just have one hose with an open end feeding the medium. I have 2 or 3 per plant. They don't clog. I'm also using Holland Secret base nuttes that are supposed to be good in hydro systems including drip systems.

You can just go around and re-pierce the clogged holes one in a while. That would suck if you have a lot of them though.

So..unless you love the nutes you're using (have you even had a problem with clogging yet?) maybe do some research and find a nute company that makes nutes specifically for drip systems.

If you have the means and can have more plants (I can't..I'm at my legal limit), you should try an organic plant or two and see if you get more better weed faster than with the hydro.
Organic DOES have it's place (and these organic vs non-organic opinions are ONLY my OPINIONS). For a lot of people it's better than hydro. It takes a lot of skill and work to run hydro. You have to keep a constant eye on everything and know how to spot problems and diagnose them very well.
When things go south in hydro they REALLY go south and FAST. Even things that are out of your control can happen to ruin a crop quickly. Things like a pump failure, power outage, leaks... they can put you out of business in under 24 hours.
There are reasons though that non-organic hydroponic farming (produce AND weed) is so commonly applied though and they are some pretty big reasons.

OOPS..there I go again on the organic vs non.
Sorry.

PEACE.

P.S. I'm saying some bad shit there. It seems as if I'm saying that hydroponics is only when you have pumps and stuff. NOT necessarily. You can run organic or non organic in pots of peat, sunshine, coco, gravel..ANYTHING by hand watering. That's hydroponics..as long as the medium isnt enriched with organic matter that feeds your plants..it's hydroponics.
You can also run organic ingredients in a "true" hydroponic system like a "mediumless" set-up (UC, NFT, DWC...they use a BIT of medium but..yeah). It's just as complicated as non organic hydro..probably even moreso cause it's pretty tricky trying to keep stuff alive in your res without things going south...again...MY OPINION only.
IMHO, Organic Hydroponics is an oxymoron.

Anyway...I just didn't want to perpetuate the apparent myth that hydroponics is always a sterile, lab grade, complicated system that uses pumps and valves and sprayers and drippers and airpumps and chillers and timers and and and and.
That is NOT the case.

P

potberryfin

I would go with TrichomeFans suggestion. Salt buildup will always occur and most drippers tend to clog easily unless you use a good pump filter.

Top Bottom