Need help with EC (Autoflowers)

• Thread starter Moodz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moodz

Hi there!

I am growing a bunch of autos on my terrace and it's my first grow where I measure the EC. I have several questions and hope to find some answers here.

First off, my tap water has an EC of 1030 (or 1.0). This EC seems already very high to me.
Question: Can I use this water or should I get water with a lower base EC? Does it make a difference?

I am growing in a special soil made for autos that is already fertilized. It's called CBG Auto-Mix 2.0 and has an EC of 1.4. They told me in the shop that I should add some nutrients during the flowering stage.

One of my autos is in flowering stage and the water is supposed to have an EC of 1.8 (found this value online).
Question: I am using Bio-Bloom from BioBizz and I would need to add about 6ml/l to the water to reach an EC of 1.8. That is 6x more than BioBizz recommends. Am I missing something here?

Until now, I gave only 1ml/I which increased the EC only very slightly to 1.2. Today after watering I measured the EC of the excess water and it was 4.9.
Question: Why is the EC of the excess water so high? I watered only twice with nutrients and only in a very low dosage.

I am pretty confused! 😅

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Without thinking about it, you are walking in a Gray zone mix and matching chemical fertilizers and living soil fertilizers. Then trying to measure the living soil part with an E.C pen and it's messing you up.

Living soil uses soil biology to create food for the plant. We feed the organisms in the soil. They in turn produce food for our plants.

Chemical fertilizers are designed in a lab to side step the natural feed web and provide the plant with specific proportions of Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus. It's going to take some time but watch the understanding fertilizers videos. 1 threw ?

Dave's youtube.

Last edited:
Top Bottom