Need help with grow room design

• Thread starter FlowRider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FlowRider

This is my first grow. I have had many successful mushroom grows in the past, but havn't tried marijuana yet.

I have decided to spend a few thousand to do it right the first time. when growing mushrooms, i ended up spending a lot of money i didn't need to spend when i first started growing. So I really want to get everything I am going to need, without buying things that are useless in the future.

A friend of mine uses a tent and I really like it. this is the tent I want to buy: http://www.discount-hydro.com/produc...d=588&navid=32

I am dead set on using 1000 hps lights. I have seen my friend use a 400hps and then I have seen 1000 hps. The 1000 hps did a lot better. Another friend also told me not to waste money on anything less than 1000 hps.

So would 2 1000 hps lights work in this tent? its a 5x10.

My main concern here is space. I have heard that with a 1000hps, you have to keep the plant 4 feet away from the light correct? well this grow tent is only about 7 feet high. so that only leaves 3 feet of plant growth. is this okay? I want to use the ebb and flow hydro system. I dont think the table design would work in that tent with a 1000hps because there would be no room? maybe with the buckets there would be room, but i would have to buy the multiflow bucket system instead of building my own table ebb and flow design.

So what should I do with this tent? I really want 1000hps but I guess 600 would be okay if I cant work out this height issue.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I think it has been covered a few different ways...here are just a few of the links that are exactly on your topic.

Tex

K

kansasgrown

Welcome to a fellow shroomer. I am currently growing out some Cambodian for some friends of mine.
No you do not need to keep the 1000 4 feet away from the light...that would be nuts. For every foot away from the plants you lose half of the lumens Make sure that you get air hoods and you can keep the lights very close to the plants. When I use 1000's (I prefer 600's) I usually have them at about 1.0 feet from the tops of my plants. I use 8" flow hoods so that I can get the most airflow possible.

hubcap

hubcap

imo...if you can grow mushrooms, you can grow pot.
might even be a welcome change to be able to have a lil dirt/grime in the grow room....
my buddy got reallly good at growin shrooms in HS....
prolly explains my haphazard behaviour as an adult.
lol

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
You'll need more than 2 1k light systems for a tent that size, those would only give you 40 watts per sq. ft and you need a minimum of 50 preferrably 75.

jj

K

kansasgrown

A 5x10 seems a little bit too large for just 2k. You can get by with that size of a tent if you only populate 4x8 with your 2k light systems.

F

FlowRider

I read that a 1000hps works for a 6x6 area. When I looked on bghydro.com and looked at the tent specs it says 400 watt to 600 watt for a 4x4 and a 600 watt to 1000 watt for a 5x5.

so thats why I considered the 5x5 for a 1000watt. I had a lot of people tell me a 4x4 would be to small for a 1000watt

then decided on a 5x10 for 2-1000watt.

Top Bottom