Need help with growing please

• Thread starter RESOL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RESOL

New to INDOOR growing idk if my lights are to low or what the hell I'm doin plants are only 12ish inches tall an super bushy I have a good mix of different strains but all have the same temp an rh recommendation any help would be greatly appreciated

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

A good way to find out how much to water is by weight. I would water evenly until you see it trickle out the bottom then once it stops draining weigh it. Then you let it dry out until you have the top 1/4 of soil then weigh it. Until you get use to eyeballing it water by weight.

R

RESOL

A good way to find out how much to water is by weight. I would water evenly until you see it trickle out the bottom then once it stops draining weigh it. Then you let it dry out until you have the top 1/4 of soil then weigh it. Until you get use to eyeballing it water by weight.
Are they short and bushy because they're not getting enough water?

R

RESOL

So I've been using the water by weight technique I'm watering about half gallon every 3 days based on weight My plants are not getting tall and lanky they are super short and very tightly packed I'm just worried about them Not growing to their full potentialThe 2 auto flowers I have are about 3 weeks old and they should be a lot taller correct?

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

So I've been using the water by weight technique I'm watering about half gallon every 3 days based on weight My plants are not getting tall and lanky they are super short and very tightly packed I'm just worried about them Not growing to their full potentialThe 2 auto flowers I have are about 3 weeks old and they should be a lot taller correct?
Sometimes autoflowers are runts. I have never grown them. Are those one gal or 3 gal pots?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you asked about light, LED?

get this app

Clones and seedlings: 2,000–4,000 lux and doesnt matter so much
Vegetative growth: 15,000–30,000 lux start at 20, watch plant. you are looking for leaves pointed up "praying"
Flowering: 45,000–110,000 lux the upper end needs co2. try starting at 65,000, watch and adjust

as for how high, try this (this is REAL wattage, so on an led look at actual wattage, an led that says 1000 is normally only 100w maybe 150w. no real standard.

• 5” to 11” for 150W lights
  • 6” to 13” for 250W lights
  • 8” to 19” for 400W lights
  • 9” to 25” for 600W lights
  • 11” to 31” for 1,000W lights
the key to it all is to spend the time watching them and adjust as they tell you

R

RESOL

get this app

Vegetative growth: 15,000–30,000 lux start at 20, watch plant. you are looking for leaves pointed up "praying"
Flowering: 45,000–110,000 lux the upper end needs co2. try starting at 65,000, watch and adjust

as for how high, try this (this is REAL wattage, so on an led look at actual wattage, an led that says 1000 is normally only 100w maybe 150w. no real standard.

the key to it all is to spend the time watching them and adjust as they tell you
Awesom thx just got it

R

RESOL

get this app

Ok 49k 450w

R

RESOL

get this app

Cut it back to about 30k lux there at 50-53% on the dimmer knob

R

RESOL

Awesom thx just got it

get this app

"Praying" like this?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Your plants look generally healthy, but it looks like you're not watering all the soil. Especially those seedlings in the cups.

Roots grow toward water. If you have areas of dry soil in your containers that never get wet, the plant doesn't use that soil. You might as well have a smaller container.

When you water, water thoroughly. Don't worry about measuring how much you put on. Get the whole container full of soil wet/damp. Then when the pots feel light in a few days, do it again. If that happens to be 3 days, great. But don't get stuck on 3 days.

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Are they short and bushy because they're not getting enough water?
They look pretty healthy. the clone looks super healthy.

Seeds tend to be bushier with tighter nodes but the type of light you have and how close the light is to the plant also determines how lanky they will be. as for the leaves/watering, you want prayer hands up. you need to look into drooping/wilting as well.

Also, for seeds, I wouldnt go straight into a 5 gal pot as it just makes watering more tricky. though for auto's, its not a bad idea. Autos can be good for someone needing a quick harvest but in the future I would reccomend clones. Autos are too much of a wildcard.. sometimes they're huge, sometimes they're not but they never seem to be great quality buds... with clones you know what you're dealing with

R

RESOL

Your plants look generally healthy, but it looks like you're not watering all the soil. Especially those seedlings in the cups.

Roots grow toward water. If you have areas of dry soil in your containers that never get wet, the plant doesn't use that soil. You might as well have a smaller container.

When you water, water thoroughly. Don't worry about measuring how much you put on. Get the whole container full of soil wet/damp. Then when the pots feel light in a few days, do it again. If that happens to be 3 days, great. But don't get stuck on 3 days.
Cool thank you

R

RESOL

They look pretty healthy. the clone looks super healthy.

Seeds tend to be bushier with tighter nodes but the type of light you have and how close the light is to the plant also determines how lanky they will be. as for the leaves/watering, you want prayer hands up. you need to look into drooping/wilting as well.

Also, for seeds, I wouldnt go straight into a 5 gal pot as it just makes watering more tricky. though for auto's, its not a bad idea. Autos can be good for someone needing a quick harvest but in the future I would reccomend clones. Autos are too much of a wildcard.. sometimes they're huge, sometimes they're not but they never seem to be great quality buds... with clones you know what you're dealing with
I'll deff take that into consideration I only did auto cuz I'm ocd about some things and I didn't have to have a separate setup for Flowering

Latest posts

Top Bottom