Need help with heat and light in DR60

• Thread starter pcfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pcfarmer

Hello.
I intend to start a crop in a DR60, imagine that running with 400W HPS.
As I thought of having ventilation duct fan 100mm 145 / 187 m³.
Will it be too hot so I should go down to the 250w hps?
I´v also gonna use a Super Spreader.

Thanks for the reply

Bless
______

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I think your set up with the 400w would be optimal. You may run into heat problems without an enclosed hood. I would set it up and run it for a day, then keep track of temps and humidity.

Air cooled hoods work really well in tents. I have a 6" fan cooling a 1000w and a 600w. It is on a rheostat, and is set to a low setting. My temps are around 72 F in both tents.

Good luck.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Whatup bro, i'm runnin this exact tent currently w/ 250w MH ballast, I use an agrosun bulb (has a tad bit of hps) in flower and use a cpu fan on top for exhaust and an additional clip on mini 6" fan for movement I got from walmart, temps stay around 70-78 w/ humidity at 50-60%, this also allows me to keep the light w/n 6" of canopy, and I could go closer, lastly my hood isn't enclosed, hope this helps, Peace SSP

T

true blue

i have a tent 80x80x160 and 250w is good at the moment have a clip on fan on the actual reflector wind is right on the bulb you can get your plants very close this way.Getting 400w with cool tube for my flower stage using 250w for veg to save elec.

Good luck mate

Ever after

Ever after

your going to have heat problems i would no question air cool the hood or get a 250w or get led's maybe veg with the 400w but flower with the 250w or led lights as your going to cook your plants

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

It depends completely on ambient temps outside the tent. If you're in a cool or ac basement, it should work. If not, forget it. Heat was a problem for me in a 3x3 w/ a 400 in my old place. W/ central ac I can now run a 600 in the same tent.

Top Bottom