Need help with leaf issues.

• Thread starter tthomp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tthomp

Need help with leaf issues

The leaves on two of my plants started looking like this. This developed in the last 24 hrs. Before this they all looked fine. Is this a result of too much water or not enough?

Choppr

Choppr

if you want to try to save her - transplant immediatly into a bigger pot of dry soil medium - the new medium will draw out the over water - thats all i got M8, good luck

T

tthomp

if you want to try to save her - transplant immediatly into a bigger pot of dry soil medium - the new medium will draw out the over water - thats all i got M8, good luck
Ok. So I took your advice and transplanted them into 1 gallon pots. When I pulled them from the small pots they were in they were definitely too wet.
Thanks for the replies.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Over watered is really watering to often make sure you let them dry out lift the pots and don’t water until they are extremely light

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

View attachment 1233949
The leaves on two of my plants started looking like this. This developed in the last 24 hrs. Before this they all looked fine. Is this a result of too much water or not enough?
What is the growth medium? What is temp and RH in the room? How much did you water and how much nutes? The leaves have some overwater damage, but it looks like there is a nutrient issue as well.

T

tthomp

What is the growth medium? What is temp and RH in the room? How much did you water and how much nutes? The leaves have some overwater damage, but it looks like there is a nutrient issue as well.
The soil is called Total Harvest Control. It's a water only soil mix and supposedly does not need any nutes. The temperature has been around 80 and I was keeping the RH around 70. Before I repotted them today I had been keeping a transparent plastic cover over the plants. That has adjustable vents on the top to help keep the RH where you want it. I currently do not have them covered and the RH is down to 27. I'm hoping that helps dry them out a bit.

Choppr

Choppr

The soil is called Total Harvest Control. It's a water only soil mix and supposedly does not need any nutes. The temperature has been around 80 and I was keeping the RH around 70. Before I repotted them today I had been keeping a transparent plastic cover over the plants. That has adjustable vents on the top to help keep the RH where you want it. I currently do not have them covered and the RH is down to 27. I'm hoping that helps dry them out a bit.
After your seeds sprout you pull the domes/plastic to harden them off, you have kept them in a toxic over wet / over humidified environment - you should have a small humidifier in the tent set at 50-55% when you pull the domes. (sorry but you have bad info on how to start seedlings)

Choppr

Choppr

After your seeds sprout you pull the domes/plastic to harden them off, you have kept them in a toxic over wet / over humidified environment - you should have a small humidifier in the tent set at 50-55% when you pull the domes. (sorry but you have bad info on how to start seedlings)
video are seedlings being hardened-off to their new environment - domes pulled immediatly after sprout -

T

tthomp

video are seedlings being hardened-off to their new environment - domes pulled immediatly after sprout -
Thanks for the feedback. I can see now that I have made mistakes. I kept the dome on for over two weeks. Also, I can see I'm going to need an humidifier. Where did you get yours?

T

tthomp

I found it on amazon. This is pretty much what I have been hunting for.

Choppr

Choppr

Yep Amazon - Elechomes, this ones been going about a year 1/2. No worries m8, gardening is another journey, "highly" satisfying when you get it...sometimes I see alot of over-thinking and micro-managing on the forums that is better suited for cash crops, not so much home grows. Have fun with it and a few grows later you'll be able to manage some real grows.

T

tthomp

Yep Amazon - Elechomes, this ones been going about a year 1/2. No worries m8, gardening is another journey, "highly" satisfying when you get it...sometimes I see alot of over-thinking and micro-managing on the forums that is better suited for cash crops, not so much home grows. Have fun with it and a few grows later you'll be able to manage some real grows.
I ordered the humidifier. I am having a ton of fun with this new hobby. While I have damaged some of the leaves it seems the plants are looking like they will recover.
Thanks again for the feedback and advice.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I ordered the humidifier. I am having a ton of fun with this new hobby. While I have damaged some of the leaves it seems the plants are looking like they will recover.
Thanks again for the feedback and advice.
Same here. Having fun buying tools too!

Looking at your pots, I think you're going to want to put some holes around the top edge, to put plant ties into. Pretty soon, assuming you are going to train your plants (half the fun!), you will need to get some plant ties and start pulling branches over. A package of green flexible ties like this one: https://www.amazon.com/PGarden-EZ-T...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

With fabric pots you can use a simple handheld paper hole punch to clip out a set of neat little holes for ties. Not sure what the easiest method is for plastic pots.

T

tthomp

Same here. Having fun buying tools too!

Looking at your pots, I think you're going to want to put some holes around the top edge, to put plant ties into. Pretty soon, assuming you are going to train your plants (half the fun!), you will need to get some plant ties and start pulling branches over. A package of green flexible ties like this one: https://www.amazon.com/PGarden-EZ-Tomato-Garden-Supporting-Organizing/dp/B087V7XZXR/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=1TD37KYY0WOK&keywords=green+plant+ties&qid=1649524788&sprefix=green+plant+ties,aps,135&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzQjRSNkUyR1VBRzlNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzk0MjkyQ0pZTTFaUlRMMTVJJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5NzY4NzZKMUlMR0xXQzkxTDEmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

With fabric pots you can use a simple handheld paper hole punch to clip out a set of neat little holes for ties. Not sure what the easiest method is for plastic pots.
I have already purchased some 3 gallon fabric pots. I plan on using them for the next/final transplanting. I do like the idea of training the plants so I also plan on doing that.
Those ties look good. I'll get them ordered too.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I have already purchased some 3 gallon fabric pots. I plan on using them for the next/final transplanting. I do like the idea of training the plants so I also plan on doing that.
Those ties look good. I'll get them ordered too.
Get one of these for the fabric pots too:

Top Bottom