need help with lighting

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jtmyzery2008

who here has good experience with t 5 flourescent lights i wondering how much more power they use than normal other high output flourescents

lollipopman

lollipopman

Ive used them for 2 years, 1 4' T5 uses 54 watts so a 4' 8 bulb light uses 432 watts...

lollipopman

lollipopman

great on veg but flower never got those solid nugs i wanted, was always fluffy till i added co2 then they was more solid..plus the space they took up didn't help, trying to raise or lower 1 was a pain, the price of one t5 was the same for a 600 setup, but they are reliable never had a problem with them, just gave 1 to sapper591 here on the farm...

S

Stockton

So is it possible to grow with only flourescent lights?

Just a couple small plants for personal use inside or would it better to just use the flourescents to veg then put the plants outside in the sun to flower?

Is HPS better for flowring then MH? If I were to buy an HID I only want to have to buy one, I'm very poor. :(

20north

you can do everything with fluros just use t5's they are smaller and emit less heat everything might take a week longer but if you dont mind then thats cool you can also mix up the spectrum alot and thats really fun you benfit alot from doing that

lollipopman

lollipopman

with t5 8 bulb set up alot of people will say to do 4 veg and 4 flower bulbs, but i got better results by doing 6 flower and 2 veg, then reverse on veg cycle....

you can do it all with fluorescent, it's a much better spectrum than HPS. in fact, being able to mix as lollipopman suggested gives an even better result than using just one color of lamp. keep 'em close to the plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom