Need help with mites and black gnat's

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jtmyzery2008

I live down in sourthern california i grow in a 4x4 grow tent. Last few grow's i have ran into black gnat's and mites. i have sprayed the plants with neem oil each time i have come across the mites and they still come back i even clean my grow tent out between grows and sanitize everything. How the heck do i rid myselft of these guys should i soil drench with azamax and next grow what should i do to keep them away? I need help with this any info would be GREAT:sweating

J

jtmyzery2008

I even have been feeding with silican which i was told by the guys at the hydro store it helps protect the plants leafs from pest's but i dont see it helping much

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Depends... for my room... I let it sit in the prime environement to insure the eggs would hatch. Then I left the room alone for a couple of months. Then I whiped down with bleach and let it sit for another month. But most importantly... I never used clones again and only used seed. So far.... so good. Also... I use only hydro so that I can see the roots and insure that no mites hitch a ride in the soil. Also... I never let pets or any other animal or any other grower... near my room.

Just my .02

A

Alien Abductee

In a tent, you might get some success with lady bugs. Armstrongs usually has some if you have one near.

St3ve

St3ve

For me I could never get them to be completely gone until I started dipping my clones a few times in Monterrey bug spray. I would fully dip the clone once they popped roots, and again before they got put into the veg system. I have not seen a bug in awhile now..

It's always a losing battle for me to try and kill them on a full plant.

hiboy

hiboy

neem wont do in the gnats or mites,, might slow them down but thats it
for the gnats get some sticky paper traps from home depot and hang them around the base of each plant stalk.
for the mites get some floramite and put ur mask on,,, and go to town wit it
h

G

grinkeeper

gnats are easy... mosquito dunks/ BTK, aquabac, or nemitodes...israeli genus.. add which ever product to your water and soak... SM90 is ok as well.. you can spray adults with it to disolve there lil bodies..

natural approach is 2" layer od playgroud sand.. and bottom feed to let top dry off.. killing larva.. its slow but does reduce populations by 80% in first week.. but its slow... going...

diatomesiuos earth.. is crushed up fossils, it looks like salt and is sharp pices of fossil that cuts larva bodies... you top dress your post with DIATOMASIUOS EARTH.. ALSO NEED TO bottom feed..

mites... florimite or avid... one shot in veg only... it trully is a one true killer of the mite and eggs which means its an ovacide.. florimite is good for 20 days with one spray . I still do extra sprays.. but I prefer to only spray in veg cycle or on mothers... it does not wreck the plants foliage at all. not even a curled leaf any where... I even dip questionable clones in florimite.. as a safty measure..

I dont even bother with NEEM or end all or phrytuim based products.. the later just distroys the foliage like nothing else, its sad really.. your basicly killing your plant to try and kill mites.. its like chemotheropy using safers end all or other phyrthium based leaf sprays.. I hate that shit..

montray garden spray is usually only good for thrips specifically.. but is effected to lesser degree on other pests.. but it nukes thrips which other product wont even effect thrips in the least.. also monteray garden spray has an active ingredient called SPINOSAD.. its OMRI .. and very safe but gets a bad rap due to its BEE killing capacity... people love bees and wee need everyone..

you can buy SPINOSAD in a agri grade concentration called CONSERVE SC or semi professional grade called NATURALYTE.. sell it on ebay.. stuff is lightning fast and also does ZERO platn damage....

also get a hanging pest strip... cant recall the name.. but there about 6" long 2" wide.. yellow flat bar about 1/4" thick like soap.. incased in a white plastic hanging case with a hook... these really work great to add extra measure of protection.. might be called NO PEST STRIPS .. YES Ortho Home DefenceMax No Pest Strip, OR HOT SHOT NO PEST STRIPS..

ALSO you can try a really easy method thats cheap and works..
50/50 water and iso alcohol.. in a spray bottle... works on mites and gnats . spray plants but only VEGGING PLANTS... the mixture will disolve tricombes on your buds... so not a bloom options...

also dont neem blooming plants.. taste like crap...

well thast a bit for you.. good luck

Top Bottom