Need Help With MPB A/C size

• Thread starter BlindCripple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlindCripple

Premium Member
Supporter
So the Mpb systems is pretty amazing. Its inspired me to become a caregiver in Michigan for 5 patients. I'm trying to copy the doubleds setup as much as possible. My main difference is I'm in a slightly larger room and I'm putting together 2 10 plant systems side by side.

You have provided amazing information on everything but i was just curious if you had an opinion on what size a/c unit i should buy to cool all 28,000w. I've been looking at a 5 ton setup but i don't want to buy something too small and regret it later. i couldn't find answer on the forum anywhere so i figured I should ask now. Thanks for help!

L

Lost

28 1k's = 4kbtu's X28 = 112k BTU's of heat bare bulb heat

112,000 btu's / 1 ton = 9.3 tons of cooling. A large house central a/c for say a 3,800 square foot house :) Less with cool tubes but even then you will need 3-5 tons of a/c .. its really not that bad.. 2 36,000 btu fujitsu inverter a/c's or better yet 3 24,000 btu inverter mini splits, that way you could have air handlers in dfferent locations for great air flow... That with cool tubes.. you need 4 and 6 otherwise?

C

canaguy27

make sure you have enough power and look into running cool tubes

Top Bottom