need help with my setup....

• Thread starter t0ker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

t0ker

so i have this rom thats 4' by 4' and approximately 7' tall. i spent a little time thinking about it and this is what i came up with:
http://img144.invalid.com/img144/5021/planom1.jpg

the setup would include what your probably thinking, 3 female plants and clones that are rotated out after every harvest. i was planing on getting 3-4 hps bulbs around 400w and a couple florescent bulbs to go over the clone dome.

any help is appreciated, please don't rag on me this is my very first attempt at growing and setting shit up.

A

andy107

if ur keepin the clones in the same room are they goin to be on 12/12 with your flowering plants?

T

t0ker

im unsure about that, but if its a problem i could always throw a towel over the top

T

t0ker

one of my biggest problems im facing now is ventilation, any ideas?

A

andy107

im unsure about that, but if its a problem i could always throw a towel over the top

well when your plants in flower are in the dark period u want absolutely no light in there or they could possibly try and veg again or turn hermie.

F

FastForward

They're totally right imho Toker, unless you plan on flowering everything from clone. In the very least you're probably going to need to section off separate vegging and flowering areas for the different light cycles. Personally I'd put the propagator somewhere else if you can - it's only small and doesn't have any special needs, other than a couple of fluoro tubes on top and some TLC - and then save that space for vegging and flowering (maybe 70% flowering, 30% veg?). Hope this helps.

W

woody420

Hey toker take a look at the box I got going bro it might help you. you can find it under grow room setup -look for the thread Ventilation system 4 box help ?????. I got help from the farm as well looking up info myself on the net. I'm in the middle of the build right know just making a little box for me and the old lady to get some smoke from nothing big bro. I would offer more but there and other farmers on here that really know what there talking about. Hope this helps you bro. Good luck with your setup take care.

T

t0ker

ok so i have come up with a few more ideas and qestions.

first off i was thinking of possibly just having two of those large plastic tubes with 2-4 holes in each and air pumps to shoot water up at the plants. with this setup i would have to have clones elsewhere which wont be much of a problem.

second thing i am kinda worried about is the ventilation that i currently have no image of. the area where i am planning on is in a closet with the normal sliding doors. maybe i would have to drill a hole in it and hook an exhaust fan up that way?

P

Pyro G.

Sup toker. I'm not sure if ur thinking of building ur own aeroponic set-up which would use a submersible pump to shoot water up to da plantz. IMHO, i would just try and keep it real simple. Get a few grow bags, some premium soil, plant food, most importantly...da beanz (shwag beanz work great 4 beginners) & get crackin. no need 2 spend a shit load of money on a bunch of equipment until u've get a few growz under ur belt & gain some experience/knowledge. Not 2 mention, u can start a gow log & i pretty sure there r plenty of farmerz on here that'll chime in from time 2 time w/ suggestions/ideas/recommendations to ensure u have a successful grow. Don't be 2 shy 2 pick any fellow farmer's brain, they're all here 2 help.

P

Pyro G.

Damn, i'm sorry toker...u had a concern about ventilation. Not too sure right now wut kind of set-up or strains u'll be workn with, but a small 5"-6" fan or two would probably be enough w/ floros...if that's wut ur planning on using. If ur gonna use 3-4 400w HPS like u were thinkn, i'd use a few cool tubes w/ ref. wingz...pipe them all 2gether and use 4" or 6" inline fans in between each fixture. Dont know if u would want more than one or possible 2 400watterz in a 4x4 space. I figure just opening da door of closet would be enough ventilation, but maybe someone else has a better suggestion/idea.

T

t0ker

yea i figured opening the closet would be good enough but the fact is that its not at my place so im not sure if they will take the time to open them multiple times a day. i will look into that a little more.

as for strain im thinking about grabbing a pac of those new deep chunk x uk cheese and maybe the lemon one too..... sounds yummy.

T

t0ker

so far i have calculayed all of the cost and all i have left to find are the right bulbs.

i was thinking about these 44w hps's here:

would they do fine?

T

t0ker

ok if all goes well i should be setting this up within the next week or so and i will probably do a grow diarie on them.

quick question though, will 400w hps and mh lights screw in to regular sockets? because i dont exactly have the money to buy a brow hood and ballast.

i have several of these lying around my house (without the wire)
Brooder%20Lamp.JPG

T

t0ker

anyone know if the light fixture above will work for hps and mh lights?

T

tenacious

Supporter
quick question though, will 400w hps and mh lights screw in to regular sockets?

no they will not. you will need specialized equipment.
ventilation is an important concern, but not alot will be needed for 4x4x7 area. you will need to figure out a place to vent which can sometimes be a chalenge, depending on where you live.

T

t0ker

damn, so what do you recommend then? i have probably $250-300 max budget for the light setup, bulbs i can buy separately.

R

Rural_GrowOp

Find some compact flourescent garden lights(you have to get them at a hydro shop I think). They will work fine and will help greatly with the heat issue. I think there around 65-70$. They don't have the power of a HID but they will grow good looking bud. This way you could 3 of them and be off to a good start.

T

t0ker

ok cool thanks for the imput, think one of the 200w here would be good for say.... 3 plants?

Top Bottom