Need Help With Outdoor Clones Ahhhh

• Thread starter subieslow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
subieslow

subieslow

Hello!

I have had them outdoors for about 3 weeks. Recently it's been super hot and they have been suffering. At first I thought it was over watering, then i went to transplant from my 1 gallons and realized the soil is incredibly hot. I figure this is likely the cause but am not sure? Maybe it's a nutrient problem? I have been feeding them very lightly.

I'm worried maybe they plants are too stressed now to end up being good, did I ruin them

Please help!

PS notice in the first image one plant is now showing some hairs?? ugh??

Am I screwed?

thanks!

Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh
Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh 2
Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh 3
Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh 4
Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh 5
Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh 6
Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh 7
Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh 8
Need help with outdoor clones ahhhh 9
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Not ruined just need much larger pots at the least 5 gallon I'd spur for the sevens due to the size and a good organic soil too boot oceanforest never failed me but there are plenty of others and it's all personal choice I would also start feeding some more P and K a lil silica and possibly some cal/mag to the one that is flowering or all if they showing hairs at all the brown crispy is due to root damage from drying out or getting to hot on the side of the planter

Last edited:
Apollo13

Apollo13

get a $10 moisture meter, drive into middle of root ball, water at 4 on a 10 scale to start. How much are u watering? I suspect ur water schedule is bad..what soil u using? Your roots could be baking in the sun. You could wrap mylar bubble wrap on pots to reflect sun. $20 AT HD

derkaderk

derkaderk

I used 7 gal. Last year, probably only get about 3 gallons worth of usable space because they heat up so bad....paint them white, wrap in burlap....dig holes and place the pots in. Anything to get those pots cool.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

@derkaderk just reminded me!!! You could also create some earth pots those things are awesome for keeping plants cool

Apollo13

Apollo13

Being green and solving the issue, bury them if possible or simple light colored mulch may do it. I would respond quickly.

subieslow

subieslow

They are on concrete. I've never had an issue in the past but i usually don't sit in the 1 gallons for 3 weeks. I just began transplanting now and when i did so the soil felt like it could cook an egg. I would have gone to larger pots earlier but honestly I couldn't buy all the soil I needed then. Normally I run 20 gallons I just hadn't gotten there yet. Also plants were not root bound yet by any means. I think I will try some type of material as a barrier between the concrete maybe? does mylar keep the posts cool or heat them up because it attracts so much light? Never tried it outdoors.

Wonder if I should try and get a new set of clones at this point as it's only mid June

Apollo13

Apollo13

it reflects more than a mirror. if concrete is in earth, it's helping like geothermal. but sun could heat it too.
those will produce more than new clones unless they are similar in size or those are autos. but some beats none...

derkaderk

derkaderk

Concrete heats up less than those black pots do. Keeping the direct light either off the pots all together, or making them a lighter color is the best option. I would spend my time on making a barrier between the sun and those pots.

subieslow

subieslow

but you guys don't think they are too stunted from that? only one has those tiny hairs at the top.

Apollo13

Apollo13

in michigan, only an auto would flower now. if they're regs, they will be great when they get some earth temps conducive to growth. Even if auto, I rather get something..

subieslow

subieslow

yeah i think it's just from heat stress. normally i go until first of october

Apollo13

Apollo13

sounds similar. budding one may reveg and be crazy thick. or use bud blood or bloom booster and try forcing it. lol, u could manipulate the light for some early harvest.

Last edited:
subieslow

subieslow

my buddy came over and after talking with him i'm thinking these aren't going to grow well in veg. I think it's best to start some new plants while i still can. i can only have so many at my small place.

m8ty

m8ty

Keep 'em going they will rebound just place cardboard over the pot and surround the pots with other containers to prevent the sun from hitting the sides of the pot and get them in partial shade between 12 and 3 pm

the rrock

the rrock

my buddy came over and after talking with him i'm thinking these aren't going to grow well in veg. I think it's best to start some new plants while i still can. i can only have so many at my small place.
youve got plenty of time for them to rebound,if there decent genetics, have patience

subieslow

subieslow

Ok guys I have transplanted into 20 gallons. If they aren't making progress in a week should I assume they are hosed? What scares me is anytime in the past I've seen my friends with a stunted plant it seems to make about 1 oz and never does much. Not sure how to tell when they have switched back to veg, should i be hair free? My worry is if these are stunted some clones would end up growing taller by mid aug?

I also have some more robust ferts now that I my paycheck.

Thanks for the advice, Should I keep updated with pics?

Latest posts

Top Bottom