Need Help with setup

• Thread starter CannadianCream
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannadianCream

CannadianCream

Hi there I have a 10x10x8 room available to me and a little bit of equipment to play with. The budget is tight but there is room for extra things. I really want to try doing something vertical. I see there are fans of the cool tubes and barebulbs I can do either. I like soil and hydro for different reasons but the way hydro systems perform and the cleanliness of operation i think i will just stick with that. equipment available:
2x 1k magnetic (first time using these only used digital before. Why must they buzzzz zzzz these things are hot and loud wtf. Any tips please
1 400/600w digital dimmable- wouldn't mind another one preferable 1000w
2 4 inch fans/filters
1 6inch fan/filter
2x 6 inch cool tube
various size pumps largest being 800gph
various size air pumps
3 oscillating fans

im currently using a homemade modular top feed nft gravity return w/e buckets they Fing rock but as from what ive seen and read the bigger the space the roots can grow outward the better the plant it not about depth as much as outwards space. Anyways Im able to invest/replace equipment i have but would like to do something with what i have. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated. P.s. I like the idea of Trees...Alot but not the thought of running 4-8k for 12 hours a day i think my dial would spin right off the meter lol

V

victor

Put the magnetic 1000w ballast outside the room(s) if you can

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Yeah I try to mount my mags (i use for veg) near the intake for the lights so that they get cooled off by the circulation. The real question is how much $ do you have for ac and what is your climate like. Is the room above or below ground?

CannadianCream

CannadianCream

As far as climate control goes im using the good ole i cant afford a/c intake/outake. Im on first level and my temps usually float between 24-26. If i didn't use the cooltubes id be fucked with llike high 30's. now when i ran 600 i had no heat issues but the penetration and nug size makes me want to stick with the 1k's. I thought about maybe a window a/c but then i would need a dehuey and co2 right? not an option right now i like my nug without co2. It winter so things are under control but come summertime it gonna be different. i spose i will need chillers and the whole nine yards if i want to operate during summer. another thing is it ok to blow air across/over the ballast. It doesn't matter for me wether the ballasts are in or out of the room its the fucking noise they make.oh and as far as paying for a/c what am i looking at for doing the room or even half of it which is where i started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom