Need help with some issues please

• Thread starter bluedabadee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Hello everyone,

So my first grow was a success for a beginner, thanks to valuable information provided on this forum, but this one is not going so well. Since I'm dealing with a lot of shit in life, I may have attached to my girls a bit too much this time..

Photoperiod plants, Royal Gorilla and Lemon Haze (it doesn't look like a haze tho) 6-7 inches tall with a thin stem, maybe just pheno related but they just didn't stretch, super bushy, short internode spacing and look small.
Today is day 26, started in solo cups, transplanted to 4 gal pots on day 22, topped on day 25, light mix soil from beginning, both plants fed three or four times at starting on week 3, from 200 up to 600ppm. Ph is always set to 6.2-6.5 and using distilled water (50ppm). I may have mixed a bit too much cal-mag so that probably explains the claws on leaves. Also, 600ppm was obviously too much for a small plant like this (haze)
Sometimes I have temp issues, going up to 88F (31C) so that may be the reason they didn't stretch much but I've seen worse conditions.. I have intake, exhaust and osciliating fans inside for a good circulation. Keeping humidity at 65.
240W quantum board without dimmer in a 2x4 tent, distance was 20 inch at the beginning so I thought that may be the reason why they didn't stretch much and now keeping at 26 inch.
I was planning to keep 5 weeks in veg but I think I'll try 7-8 weeks. Since they didn't grow properly, I planted two more seeds which are one week old now and keeping light at 30 inch.

My question is during transplant I gave each girl half a liter of watering (0.15gal) in 4 gal pots. It has been 5-6 days and they still haven't dried out and looks like 1-2 more days to go.
Is it OK to water once a week in a hot environment like this? I was planning to water to runoff but in this case what should I do? Also, how would this affect feeding schedule? If I'm watering 3 times a week, lets say with 300ppm each, now should I give them 900ppm considering watering once a week?

Same issues with the little ones, they are in solo cups and after one week of grow (fed with spray first week), I watered them to runoff (50 ml) and it has been 2 days, still haven't dried out and showing some overwatering issues already. Is it OK to water seedlings every 2-3-4 days?

Please let me know if you need more info and thank you very much for your time!

IMG_6261.JPG

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6254.JPG

IMG_6259.JPG

Last edited:
bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Update : I raised the lights to 32 inch for royal g and lemon haze ; 40 inch for seedlings
@Aqua Man your input will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I operate under the rule of "Never be in a hurry to water". You'll know when they need water because they will droop like a deflated balloon, but this is OK because they bounce right back (assuming you haven't left them for days like that).

If you are checking your plants a few times a day, then it is safe to relax. Let them dry out, they like it. :)

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

I operate under the rule of "Never be in a hurry to water". You'll know when they need water because they will droop like a deflated balloon, but this is OK because they bounce right back (assuming you haven't left them for days like that).

If you are checking your plants a few times a day, then it is safe to relax. Let them dry out, they like it. :)

Thank you Nate, it's nice to hear from you. I hope you and girls are doing alright :)

It's just I've never waited this long but hopefully it's fine. I check a bit too many times and I should really let go sometimes. Thanks for your input and that surely helps!

Beza

Beza

A regular watering schedule can lead to problems. Different plants will take up water differently. The humidity can matter much as high humidity (bunch of rainy days together) will greatly slow water intake.

I use the, "lift the pot," method. Pot heavy don't water....light then water. When done daily you soon develop a feeling for light/heavy. I grow in 5 gal and under but for larger plants (or even small ones) there are a wide variety of inexpensive moisture soil meters.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update : I raised the lights to 32 inch for royal g and lemon haze ; 40 inch for seedlings
@Aqua Man your input will be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Missed this brother. Sorry this year has been the year of trials and tribulations and neverending shit on the go

Latest posts

Top Bottom