Need help with some possible mites on my plant

• Thread starter OGDannyD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGDannyD

OGDannyD

First time grower here. First noticed some specks on one of the leaves about 10 days ago, as seen in the picture. Looked at it with a 60x microscope and couldn't see anything on the leaf. Started using Organocide 3 in 1 spray that I was gifted. I wanted to be on the safe side and I also bought some neem oil, as from what Ive been reading, is one of the best weapons against mites. Thought I would be okay with those two. I spray with organocide every other day. Then the next two sets of spray, I do neem seed oil every other day then rotate back. But now I'm starting to find webs on my leaves whenever I come home. Not very many, so far I only find about 3 or 4 strings of web that I take off right away. Could it possibly be other insects? I should mention that I do see 1 or 2 fungus gnats around my plant every now and then, how harmful are they? The oragnocide seems to kill them on contact. Any other recommendations for what possibly could be on my plant? Should I change my spray pattern?

The plant is outdoors on a table in the day and brought inside under a light at night. I am in soil and I water with nutes every 2-3 days. Thanks in advance for the help! This website has been so helpful with a ton of stuff already.

Need help with some possible mites on my plant
Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Fungus gnats aren’t harmful but just get annoying. As for the mites, since you said “string webs” I would assume they are spider mites. If they were circular webs it would indicate another type of spider. Are you growing in a tent? Outside? Soil? Coco? Give us a little more detail. Happy grows.
Burnz

OGDannyD

OGDannyD

Fungus gnats aren’t harmful but just get annoying. As for the mites, since you said “string webs” I would assume they are spider mites. If they were circular webs it would indicate another type of spider. Are you growing in a tent? Outside? Soil? Coco? Give us a little more detail. Happy grows.
Burnz

I am in soil. The plant is outside on a table during the day, and kept under a light in a closet at night.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I am in soil. The plant is outside on a table during the day, and kept under a light in a closet at night.
I would say it is definitely a pest issue. Continue spraying the two different things you have before lights out. The problem with plants going outside then coming inside is once they go outside you’re more likely to bring the pests back inside with you. I made the mistake of bringing my indoor plants outside and brought them back to my tent. I later discovered a russet mite problem.
Burnz

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Neem oil is not required you need a eco oil or a white oil to smother the adult plus the serfactant in it kills the eggs .

mancorn

mancorn

There a lots of tiny spiders, so not unusual to see single silk threads on an outdoor plant. If you have mites you will be able to see them on the underside of your leaves, as there will be a lot of them. Your leaf certainly shows insect damage. Looks a little more like thrip damage. Mites make small white dots, while thrips make larger white areas not as uniform. (Neither is actually white, but rather the leaf is pierced and thinning at the bite site, so just looks white on the top of the leaf.) I'd guess that the microscope is just too narrow of a view and you're not seeing enough area. A 30x loupe will do a better job. It may take awhile and you need to just keep looking until you find what's causing the problem. The thrips will move much faster then the mites and will run to the other side of your leaf as you turn it over.

zzzybil

zzzybil

hose the heck outta bottom of leaves , gotta get rid of'm before flower ........search mites here and follow directions for several treatments .......whoa shit the plague....... yup those spots look like every spider mite thread here and webs mean infestation is bad........ fungus gnats a mere pia in comparison mostly from over wet conditions ........... imo search spider mites here and good luck

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The plant is outside on a table during the day, and kept under a light in a closet at night.

Yup, theres your problem. No predators in your closet to deal with the pests. I'd just leave them outside at this point and hope for the best. I'd also recommend spraying them with an emulsified rosemary oil, garlic oil and peppermint oil spray with a little unscented dish soap. Spray them down once every 3 days for 2 weeks. the spider mites will more than likely die or fuck off somewhere else that hasnt been sprayed lol. If yer lucky.

Top Bottom