Need help with stretching stem and lighting issues

• Thread starter JasonT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JasonT

Hi,

I am pretty new to growing l, I started last year and grew 4 clones with mild success.

So I decided to but 5 feminized bruce banner 2.0 seeds. The germination method I used was 16 hours in a glass of water and then a damp paper towel. They all spouted fine enough. Though the first one to pop through the soil is now too thin and tall to support itself and has fallen over. I think light is my issue as I have only been using the lights in my kitchen and the lamp in my room. I live at home and my parents are allowing me to grow but their are limitations with them. I want to grow the plants outside again. They are about 10 days spouted and I was wondering if I should just put them outside for 6-8 hours to help curb my problem or should I be buying a grow light and wait another 2 weeks till I place them outside. Also for the one stem that has fallen over I am using s chop stick to keep it propped up but i dont know if that ones finished.

I am sorry for the very long post but I am really worried that I might lose them all.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hiya Jason.

Can you post up a few pics of your situation?

You can probably prop the falling one with more dirt around the stem. But let’s see ‘em.

J

JasonT

20220522 180450

20220522 180446
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Holy leggy batman! Yup, those are screaming at you that they need more photons.

Go ahead and support them and they will hopefully recover. The one that fell over - mound some extra soil around the base and try not to bend it there any more.

What are your options for getting more light? Could you get away with a shop light or a small led maybe? And a timer?

I don't grow outside or in dirt, someone should be along to help you with those kinds of questions.

J

JasonT

Well I have a lamp in my bedroom that I put them them under. I was also thinking of buying a grow light off amazon. That's the only options I really have. I think buying a grow light would probably be my best bet and amazon can send me one by tomorrow or so. I hope that will help the smaller ones and my mom.is gonna help me recoil the really long one and when its stronger I will just tie it to something and hope that straightens it out a little.

J

JasonT

I could use my phone as a timer and how much time should I be giving them? 6hrs?

J

JasonT

I think I would probably buy one of the ones at the bottom that are like 40 bucks. 200+ plus is a little much for me lol. Thanks for the link

boo

boo

when you put your seedlings in dirt or peat it's wise to fill the container half full...when the bean begins to stretch you simply add soil around the sides to support the stretching plant...you need to get way more light as close as you can to the light to stop the stretching...if you do this you'll not see lanky sprouts...I keep my sprouts and veg plants on 27/7 light...

J

JasonT

I dont know what 27/7 lights is. I will upload a link of what I am buying though i do know it has three light mode red,blue and red+blue

boo

boo

sorry 24/7...I never turn the lights off when I veg...closer to the lights the less stretching...

Top Bottom