Need help with sub-par yields...Epsom salt?

• Thread starter JoeDirt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JoeDirt

Looking to get a specific question answered by the experienced folks on here.

First timer has super healthy plants (Bubblegum & Afghan) but the yields seem diminished from the norm.

They also seem to take longer to fully flower to buds.

I have been adding Epsom salt [1 teaspoon per gallon] to my watering/fert routine during the entire vegetative & flowering stages and I am beginning to wonder if this has a direct effect on the lowered yield.

The plants ALL appear super healthy but something is still not quite right.

I have a whole lot to learn but I sure do enjoy looking after my ladies ! :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Melvan

Melvan

To answer that question we're going to need all the info on your grow. Your space, your lighting, ventilation, all of it.

J

JoeDirt

`

Without me writing a Novel.........it was basically a yes or no question.

Please believe me.....these are pampered / very well conditioned plants.

I'm trying to get information on whether or not the Epsom salts [1 teaspoon per gallon] over their total lifespan could possibly have a negative effect as it applies to the yields.

B

Buddy Flowers

"Please believe me.....these are pampered / very well conditioned plants."

it's your 2nd grow. we need more info in order to help you hoss.

420king-MASSES

imvho epsom salts should not be used regularly again imo should be used as fall back[ie sunday nite your outta calmag and ur girls are showing defs spray some epsom salt on the leaves type deal]as to a diminishing harvest ya it could play into it but im more curious about ur lighting and temps and room size ya see all that plays into a diminishing yield for instance when was last time you changed ur light cause that can be cause for lower yield or temps are great for fucking with a yield or ur light is covering to much space its all factors

G

Genius Genetics

if your yields were once good

but now you are using Epsom salts and its the only thing you have changed,.. you find your yield sucks

Bro,... whats that tell you!!

are your bulbs/lamps new or old??? perhaps they need changing???

if the Epsom salt is the only thing that you have changed then go back to how you was doing things when you was happy with the yields IE NO Epsom salt

it dont take a Genius.. Lol :)

Happy Farming GG

S

SSHZ

Doubtful.... but without knowing all you circumstances, no one can answer you properly. My guess is Genius is a genius: lower lumens as your bulbs wear out! This would account for less yield and slower finishing time.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
couple pics would help too. again though if u are flowering under a t5 u wont get as good buds as under a hps

J

JoeDirt

``

Obviously not or you wouldn't be asking about your sub par yields.

`I'll post the details needed a little later this afternoon folks.......thanks to all!

Some pre-manicured Bubblegum....

Dec  26 006 Medium
Dec  26 007 Medium
Dec  26 020 Medium
G

Genius Genetics

Please believe me.....these are pampered / very well conditioned plants

WTF... i dont think so bro.. dont look to healthy to me.. She looks about Dead.

dude..you got more than a Epsom salt problem...

Peace GG

G

Genius Genetics

sorry bro but i was expecting the pics to show some Super Green Super Healthy plants

the plants look Crispy, Dry, Scorched and far from Super Healthy :(

try again but with a proper nutrient regime and go easy..
less is far better than too much..
and NO Epsom salts you shouldn't need it with a proper feed regime
iv never needed any thats for sure

what nutrients/feeds have you been using?????

Peace GG

darkmatter

darkmatter

that looks like a 5 gram bud to me maybe.your water is shit.you can pop seeds every week but you can get lost i do. but you should stick with one strain for many months and longer for a surer success.pratice makes perfect in dope growin.

J

JoeDirt

`

That was long ago my Friend...I've improved a tiny bit since I boiled that one.:worried

Current in flowering stage:
Bubblegum
Afghan.

Current in vegetative stage:
Northern Berry
Skunk #1
Bubblegum
Afghan

Flowering room:
Bathtub grow / 400 watt HPS / new bulb / Jacks Classic - Blossum Booster - 10-30-20 used at quarter strength / watered daily with correct Ph water / fert water every third day.
All plants gravity drain any excess water.

Room temp 84*
Light on @ 0628
Light off @ 1828
Foliar sprayed daily / lightly with pure water.

Hope this information helps.:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh.... they have been pampered, to death. It's easy to do with Mary, Joe. As others are saying, a LOT more information is needed. ***Edit*** I see you put up some info, gotta go back and look at those numbers (THIS is what happens when you hit 'quote', go and toke a bowl with a friend, and come back a half an hour later!)

Your girls have been telling you for quite some time they're not happy.

***Edit** I see lots of single and triple-lobed leaves, signs of confusion for the plant prior to belng flipped. They are overfed, not grossly, but enough to impact yield and if it continues later on into flower has the potential to impact how the buds themselves form (high N uptake can force what's called "foxtailing", also brings about a rather harsh, crackly smoke, needs an especially long flushing period, problematic and problems). Back off the food. Still need to go back and look at your numbers.
Looking to get a specific question answered by the experienced folks on here.

First timer has super healthy plants (Bubblegum & Afghan) but the yields seem diminished from the norm.

They also seem to take longer to fully flower to buds.

I have been adding Epsom salt [1 teaspoon per gallon] to my watering/fert routine during the entire vegetative & flowering stages and I am beginning to wonder if this has a direct effect on the lowered yield.

The plants ALL appear super healthy but something is still not quite right.

I have a whole lot to learn but I sure do enjoy looking after my ladies ! :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
If you mentioned medium, I missed it, but that's a lot of MgSO4 to be using at any one time, let alone *every* watering. I do use it regularly, but I grow in coco and I use a fraction of that amount, >1/4tsp unless I see a deficiency. Also, I water/feed to the point of run-off, which disallows build-up.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
what is your total square footage? with a 400 it might be better with less plants closer to the light. 400 are good but need to be closer and have a much smaller light spread.

J

JoeDirt

`

Oops......the grow medium is Sunshine Professional grow mix #1.

Also, I water/feed / gravity drain to the point of run-off, which disallows build-up.

G

Genius Genetics

Foliar sprayed daily / lightly with pure water.....
SCRAP THAT FOR A START... THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT..

also the Jacks Classic - Blossum Booster - 10-30-20....
GET RID OF IT AND BUY SOME PROPER FEED
IE... BIOBIZZ, CANNA, GENERAL HYDROPONICS, HOUSE & GARDEN JUST TO NAME A FEW
READ UP AND GET AS MUCH INFO ABOUT WHAT EVER FEED YOU CHOOSE AND SEE HOW OTHER GROWERS ARE USING IT

YOU NEED A BASE NUTRIENT AND PROPER FEED REGIEME NOT JUST A BLOOM BOOSTER & EPSOM SALTS

Peace GG

J

JoeDirt

what is your total square footage? with a 400 it might be better with less plants closer to the light. 400 are good but need to be closer and have a much smaller light spread.

I will not disagree one bit with that Sir.........it is too crowded .

Latest posts

Top Bottom