Need help with sub-par yields...Epsom salt?

• Thread starter JoeDirt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JoeDirt

Foliar sprayed daily / lightly with pure water.....
SCRAP THAT FOR A START... THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT..

also the Jacks Classic - Blossum Booster - 10-30-20....
GET RID OF IT AND BUY SOME PROPER FEED
IE... BIOBIZZ, CANNA, GENERAL HYDROPONICS, HOUSE & GARDEN JUST TO NAME FEW READ UP AND GET AS MUCH INFO ABOUT WHAT EVER FEED YOU CHOOSE AND SEE HOW OTHER GROWERS ARE USING IT

YOU NEED A BASE NUTRIENT AND PROPER FEED REGIEME NOT JUST A BLOOM BOOSTER & EPSOM SALTS

Peace GG

Good advice no doubt........I based my fert decision from reading another forum in depth.........one poster with over 12,500 posts suggested it and in my haste I assumed that was decent advice.

Maybe not huh ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That was long ago my Friend...I've improved a tiny bit since I boiled that one.:worried

Current in flowering stage:
Bubblegum
Afghan.

Current in vegetative stage:
Northern Berry
Skunk #1
Bubblegum
Afghan

Flowering room:
Bathtub grow / 400 watt HPS / new bulb / Jacks Classic - Blossum Booster - 10-30-20 used at quarter strength / watered daily with correct Ph water / fert water every third day.
All plants gravity drain any excess water.

Room temp 84*
Light on @ 0628
Light off @ 1828
Foliar sprayed daily / lightly with pure water.

Hope this information helps.:)
What media are you using?
Has it been amended? If so, with what?
Why are you foliaring them with water daily?
Give actual numbers, not "correct pH water", that tells us nothing.
Do you keep a log?
What's the relative humidity, especially in relation to lights-on periods?
How much water drains out?
How much feed drains out, and how much do you give them?
Do you time the feeds, or measure by volume?
How do you calculate what they need and when, or are you just following a formula/recipe you found somewhere?
Can you get photos with better light and lighting? Some shadows are a little deep and it's hard for me to make some details out.

Critter

Critter

125726d1295638106-need-help-sub-par-yields-epsom-salt-jan-bd-006-medium-.jpg.att

A 400hps will not sufficiently flower that amount of plants in that footprint that far away imo. As for the epsom a "yes or no" No. Get some proper nutes as suggested...

G

Genius Genetics

One 400hps for that space....

Looks like you need three or four 400hps

if im looking at the pic right its about 6' x 5' or even more

you want to aim at getting 50w a square foot, more if you can, i like 75wpf2.

so if your grow space is 6'x5' = 30 square feet you need 1500w to be at 50wpf2

you are running somewhere around 13.33333 wpf2... Nowhere near enough!!

Peace GG

Melvan

Melvan

Stop spraying the leaves everyday, you don't need to spray at all.

You're overwatering. MJ has a wet/dry cycle. Water the plants when they have lost 2/3rds of their weight after being full saturated. In flower you should be able to go 4-5 days without watering if you're at the proper temps.

Those "pre-manicured" buds just looked dry. No dank, no sugar. They look like if you touch them they'll turn to dust. What did you do, dry them in front of a heater?

84 degrees is WAY to hot of temps, get it down to about 78 degrees. Do you have any fans in there just moving the air around? The canopy should have a constant light breeze blowing across the top of it.

Happy to see you're making an attempt to keep an even canopy.

I noticed some of your buckets are sitting on plates, you don't want to block your drainage, and you want air flowing under the pots. Lift them a bit off the plates, or get the drainage pans that have a pedestal in the center for the plant to sit on.

G

Genius Genetics

bro... thats some good advice from Melvan ^^^^

word...:)

Peace GG

Cort

Cort

Might I suggest starting a grow log for your vegging plants?

Guys like Melvin have been helping me make good decisions as my first grow progresses. I think having advice along the way is much better than trying to figure out where I need help after the damage is done. Posting pics helps other spot stuff my noob eyes missed.

Keeping detailed, accurate records on your own is a big plus too. I have my girls numbered to better keep track of what Im doing to them. Every time I pop my nose in the tent to sniff the air I inspect them and make notes of time/temp/RH and note if any problems are spotted.
Just my $.02

Z

zombywolf

Joe,

There is nothing wrong with Jack's Classic fert, used properly. It is probably one of the best powdered chem ferts out there. However, you are probably over ferting with it-I used it in my earlier days and it was fine. You can find proper dosage levels in some of the older grow websites-try ICmag or gardenscure.com

Next-Get a bigger light. A 5 x 5 area needs at least a 600 w HPS-1000 is better.

Take care of the basics and all is well.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Just read through this thread and daaamn you guys took that boy to school. If he's good at following advice his growing should improve ten fold. Welcome to the farm Joe.

J

Jalisco Kid

Foliar sprayed daily / lightly with pure water.....
SCRAP THAT FOR A START... THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT..

also the Jacks Classic - Blossum Booster - 10-30-20....
GET RID OF IT AND BUY SOME PROPER FEED
IE... BIOBIZZ, CANNA, GENERAL HYDROPONICS, HOUSE & GARDEN JUST TO NAME A FEW
READ UP AND GET AS MUCH INFO ABOUT WHAT EVER FEED YOU CHOOSE AND SEE HOW OTHER GROWERS ARE USING IT

YOU NEED A BASE NUTRIENT AND PROPER FEED REGIEME NOT JUST A BLOOM BOOSTER & EPSOM SALTS

Peace GG
What is wrong with the nutes he is using? I spray a lot you want to tell me why I need to stop doing it. JK

Z

zombywolf

JK,

There is nothing wrong with nutes he is using. Jack's Classic is the original "Peters" gold standard commercial and retail fert. Peters was sold along with the name to Scotts, who messed with the original formula. Jack Peters created Jacks Classic to restore the original formula. Its good, and has grow and bloom formulations and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

Joe's issues seem to be heat, lighting and too much epsom salt. His original pictures look like a combo of heat damage and over fert. Plants shouldnt be grown much over 80 degrees-he is banging up against that. As I said-bigger light needed for yield. There is a direct correlation between watts/sqft and yield. 25-30 watts per sqft is an absoulte minimum-he is half that. Max on epsom salt is 1/4 tsp per gallon per feed-he is 4x that. Fixes this stuff and the fert issue is moot.

J

JoeDirt

Thanks much to each and every one of you fine folks !

Two fans have always been in there keeping the air well circulated and I have decreased the heat to 80*

Not foliar feeding now as per y'alls instructions.

NO EPSOM SALT added now at all.

Trying to eliminate my screw-ups one by one.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt I need more light for that area.

Amazing amount of knowledge here and it is appreciated for sure.

J

Jalisco Kid

JK,

There is nothing wrong with nutes he is using. Jack's Classic is the original "Peters" gold standard commercial and retail fert. Peters was sold along with the name to Scotts, who messed with the original formula. Jack Peters created Jacks Classic to restore the original formula. Its good, and has grow and bloom formulations and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

Joe's issues seem to be heat, lighting and too much epsom salt. His original pictures look like a combo of heat damage and over fert. Plants shouldnt be grown much over 80 degrees-he is banging up against that. As I said-bigger light needed for yield. There is a direct correlation between watts/sqft and yield. 25-30 watts per sqft is an absoulte minimum-he is half that. Max on epsom salt is 1/4 tsp per gallon per feed-he is 4x that. Fixes this stuff and the fert issue is moot.

I asked that because the poster is pointing towards it as a problem and telling the thread starter to forget about foliar. Which Joe if you stopped because someone said so with out pointing out the research you will never become a good grower.
There is a lot of good info here and a lot of misinformation. JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks much to each and every one of you fine folks !

Two fans have always been in there keeping the air well circulated and I have decreased the heat to 80*

Not foliar feeding now as per y'alls instructions.

NO EPSOM SALT added now at all.

Trying to eliminate my screw-ups one by one.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt I need more light for that area.

Amazing amount of knowledge here and it is appreciated for sure.
Just an FYI, foliaring clear water is not a foliar feeding. Not to be pedantic, though I know it is.

With everything to do with Mary, start low and slow, work your way up.

J

Jalisco Kid

Unless you are using distilled water you are putting in something, even with distilled you are adding + and - charges. I spray with ro water between feeding so hydrate the food you have been putting on the leaves earlier. JK

J

JoeDirt

`

I asked that because the poster is pointing towards it as a problem and telling the thread starter to forget about foliar. Which Joe if you stopped because someone said so with out pointing out the research you will never become a good grower.
There is a lot of good info here and a lot of misinformation. JK

Noted / Thanks

J

JoeDirt

`

Just an FYI, foliaring clear water is not a foliar feeding. Not to be pedantic, though I know it is.

With everything to do with Mary, start low and slow, work your way up.

For now,I have stopped "spritzing" with anything.

I never did add ferts to the spray.

I did not want it absorbed by the leaves/buds.

[ I have one hell of a lot to learn,for sure]

:worried

S

strocat

I know this post was 5 years old but brother if you're still growing nugs like that, I'm gonna tell you an easier way to grow the funk! healthy top shelf nugs.. easy too.

step 1 . get some fox farm ocean forest soil

step 2. put some germ'd seeds in it.

step 3. water

step 4. dont water again till your soil is dry!!!!!!! DRY!

step 5. flip to 12/12 in 5 weeks

step 6. start giving dyna gro bloom at 1/4 tsp per gallon

step 7. over weeks step up dyna gro bloom to 1/2tsp per gallon

step. 8 .. 12 days before harvest flush... 6 days before harvest flush again. dry out for 6 days.. chop

Guarantee you you will grow the funk.. I've had shitty room conditions and using that tried and true setup you'll get top shelf nugs.

heres what using only fox farm ocean forest soil and dyna gro bloom can do.

day 21 of flower World Of Seeds northern lights X big bud

IMG 5567

chopper dogg

chopper dogg

Your temp is to high, go no higher than 77 and stop spaying water on them during flowering! Your frying your plants and over watering. And stop with the Epson salt!

Top Bottom