Need help with the second grow

• Thread starter Emedicen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Emedicen

Emedicen

This is my second grow and im seeing things i havent seen before. New growth has white tips. Can please help

Need help with the second grow
Need help with the second grow 2
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The first thing I would recommend you do is search underneath those leaves using magnification for bugs

I'm not saying you have bugs I'm saying that's the first thing I checked when I see that type of new growth to confirm or rule them out

bighempn

bighempn

This is my second grow and im seeing things i havent seen before. New growth has white tips. Can please help
It almost looks like the tips are just starting to burn. I have some questions that might help us figure out what’s wrong. They dont look too bad honestly.

Are you running the nutes hot?
what’s your ph and ppm of your nute mix?
Have you checked Ph and ppm of the run off? What are your numbers?
are you running any organic nutes or are you using synthetic nutes?
Whats your room temp and humidity?
Is your water filtered or from tap?

Badchoice

Badchoice

I don’t see white but I see very small amount of yellow on the tips and last I checked that was nitrogen base

Emedicen

Emedicen

It almost looks like the tips are just starting to burn. I have some questions that might help us figure out what’s wrong. They dont look too bad honestly.

Are you running the nutes hot?
what’s your ph and ppm of your nute mix?
Have you checked Ph and ppm of the run off? What are your numbers?
are you running any organic nutes or are you using synthetic nutes?
Whats your room temp and humidity?
Is your water filtered or from tap?
6.2-6.5 ph no i dont check run off or ppm. Im using fox farm liquid and dry nutez. Room temp i try to keep between 65-80 and RH is at 65-70. I also just got a humifier . One pot has foxfarm ocean forest and the other is my coco mixed with foxfarm dryamenments. Its been 41 days and i cant tell the sex of plants. Yesthey are random seeds

bighempn

bighempn

6.2-6.5 ph no i dont check run off or ppm. Im using fox farm liquid and dry nutez. Room temp i try to keep between 65-80 and RH is at 65-70. I also just got a humifier . One pot has foxfarm ocean forest and the other is my coco mixed with foxfarm dryamenments. Its been 41 days and i cant tell the sex of plants. Yesthey are random seeds

Sometimes plants just runt out and stop growing. Weak genetics maybe. 65-70 RH is ok for veg. Temps seem ok though I’d shoot for 75-80F if you can. Checking your run off numbers can help determine if your plants are locking up and not eating. I’ve done slurry tests when I ran soil mediums by using equal parts soil and water pH’d neutral (7.0). If pH in slurry test is dropping and ppm is going up from test to test after a few days they are locking out. You should try flushing them. I recommend nectar’s Herculean harvest liquid bone meal since you’re running soil.

Emedicen

Emedicen

Sometimes plants just runt out and stop growing. Weak genetics maybe. 65-70 RH is ok for veg. Temps seem ok though I’d shoot for 75-80F if you can. Checking your run off numbers can help determine if your plants are locking up and not eating. I’ve done slurry tests when I ran soil mediums by using equal parts soil and water pH’d neutral (7.0). If pH in slurry test is dropping and ppm is going up from test to test after a few days they are locking out. You should try flushing them. I recommend nectar’s Herculean harvest liquid bone meal since you’re running soil.
Also my grow room smells now and the smells seems to be coming from the soil. What does that mean?

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
You might need to start looking at your PPM, especially if your using tap water. Let the tap water sit 24h to remove extra chlorine in some case can help. Measuring the PPM is the base to make sure you don’t overfeed, and I personally never go 100% with the feeding program. My city extracts water using wells drilled into the rock within a large underground water basin. It eliminates the risk of contamination that can be observed in surface water, but the water hardness is more high. They are operating a membrane filtration plant to counter this effect ( kinda no chlorine is used by this method and I can then avoid letting it sit ! )... but I must compensate by verifying with a meter to be sure !

Emedicen

Emedicen

You might need to start looking at your PPM, especially if your using tap water. Let the tap water sit 24h to remove extra chlorine in some case can help. Measuring the PPM is the base to make sure you don’t overfeed, and I personally never go 100% with the feeding program. My city extracts water using wells drilled into the rock within a large underground water basin. It eliminates the risk of contamination that can be observed in surface water, but the water hardness is more high. They are operating a membrane filtration plant to counter this effect ( kinda no chlorine is used by this method and I can then avoid letting it sit ! )... but I must compensate by verifying with a meter to be sure !
Also my grow room smells now and the smells seems to be coming from the soil. What does that mean? It started smelling after i top dressed it

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Also my grow room smells now and the smells seems to be coming from the soil. What does that mean? It started smelling after i top dressed it
In a case like you describe, even I’m unsure about the smell your having, is seeing the tips like an overfeed, I would flush them. What is your feeding schedule ? Maybe you can keep it up but just add 1 more watering before feeding again, you have to find the balance.. I also prefer a defiencies over an nutrients lockup. I think bighempnp comments is right on, test your soil in the day to come, I would flush too and next nutrients at 50%~ and go from there....Fix this before going to flowering will help, but, it doesn’t seem that bad !

Emedicen

Emedicen

In a case like you describe, even I’m unsure about the smell your having, is seeing the tips like an overfeed, I would flush them. What is your feeding schedule ? Maybe you can keep it up but just add 1 more watering before feeding again, you have to find the balance.. I also prefer a defiencies over an nutrients lockup. I think bighempnp comments is right on, test your soil in the day to come, I would flush too and next nutrients at 50%~ and go from there....Fix this before going to flowering will help, but, it doesn’t seem that bad !
I honestly dont have a feeding schedule. So far i stopped feeding two weeks ago. I havent watered in a weeks and a half because they were showing signs of over water. But yeah i might flush and see the ppm.

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
I honestly dont have a feeding schedule. So far i stopped feeding two weeks ago. I havent watered in a weeks and a half because they were showing signs of over water. But yeah i might flush and see the ppm.
They is some genetic that are more forgiving, and some less... but I believe is 2 x water for 1x feeding. How far is the light and what kind is it ? More info you give, more chance someone can help if they came accros the same issue 🤘🏻

Emedicen

Emedicen

They is some genetic that are more forgiving, and some less... but I believe is 2 x water for 1x feeding. How far is the light and what kind is it ? More info you give, more chance someone can help if they came accros the same issue 🤘🏻
Light is 24 inches away and its mars hydro sp250

Top Bottom