Need help with timelines.

• Thread starter Custom99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Custom99

Custom99

I am looking for help with timelines. My first grow has certainly not gone great. I am hoping someone can tell me if there is a site that tells when its best to use all the different nutes and additives that everyone says i should be using. My seeds and plants are all auto fems. The chart that @oldskol4evr showed me about ppm showed me how my feedings have been far off from what i should have been doing. Good explanation as to why my girls are so small and now pretty yellow liwer leaves. I check ph with every jug of water i am feeding with. I recently started 2 more seeds and really want to get these ones to grow better than the last. I have a pic of the products i have been using. I just got the cal mag so have not used that yet. I use distilled water and mix my products in 1 gallon plastic jugs.

Need help with timelines
Custom99

Custom99

I am looking for help with timelines. My first grow has certainly not gone great. I am hoping someone can tell me if there is a site that tells when its best to use all the different nutes and additives that everyone says i should be using. My seeds and plants are all auto fems. The chart that @oldskol4evr showed me about ppm showed me how my feedings have been far off from what i should have been doing. Good explanation as to why my girls are so small and now pretty yellow liwer leaves. I check ph with every jug of water i am feeding with. I recently started 2 more seeds and really want to get these ones to grow better than the last. I have a pic of the products i have been using. I just got the cal mag so have not used that yet. I use distilled water and mix my products in 1 gallon plastic jugs.
I should probably mention i have been growing in organic soil. ( i have another post about the soil ) I just got coco coir so my next plants will be in that.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

thats all you should need right there,odd that the bloom nutes have such small amount on k side though

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The grow at 7-4-10 os perfect all the way through. Seen many monsters grown outside with it around here.

The plant does not change ratios during the flower cycle. It is a myth propogated to sell extra nutrients.
so this is the nutes line i hear everyone talk of not using the bloom nutes? what about usinf distilled water,would you add the cal mag around 150 ppm first?then use the slica as a ph up if needed?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so this is the nutes line i hear everyone talk of not using the bloom nutes? what about usinf distilled water,would you add the cal mag around 150 ppm first?then use the slica as a ph up if needed?

Well I use botanicare pure blend pro grow only and so does @Dirtbag now after he saw the results.

But No. Most use bloom bottles as advertised. I use only grow with any nute so far. I tested clones side by side a while. Even with the proof from dyna grow i post often no one listens. And even dyna grow still sells bloom bottles they know are not needed.

Never use cal mag. I use well water straight out of my tap. Its 150 ppm and about 7.8- 8.0 ph.

And dont need silica with a potting soil grow. If i felt I did I would just sprinkle some DE in.

Also never adjust ph in buffered soil. But my water is ok and doesn't affect the ph over time.

This is a half hour interview. It is worth any growers time. Real tissue sample results included. And the truth from a hydro nute company owner.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

No. Most use bloom bottles as advertised. I use only grow with any nute so far. Even with the proof from dyna grow i post often no one listens. And even dyna grow still sells bloom bottles they know are not needed.

Never use cal mag. I use well water straight out of my tap. Its 150 ppm and about 7.8- 8.0 ph.

And dont need silica with a potting soil grow. If i felt I did I would just sprinkle some DE in.

Also never adjust ph in buffered soil. But my water is ok and doesn't affect the ph over time.
im same way,but the op is switching to coco,using distilled water i know nothing about,i wouldnt myself ,this well water i got is terrible but works fine in soil

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

im same way,but the op is switching to coco,using distilled water i know nothing about,i wouldnt myself ,this well water i got is terrible but works fine in soil

I have not tried it but most say cal mag will be needed with coco as it binds calcium up easily.

Custom99

Custom99

Thanks everyone. So hopefully i am not sounding stupid but i have more questions. I didnt know anything about checking ppm until last week. Found out i was way underfeeding. After listening to the podcast that you guys posted i am going to use the flora nutes, silica, and cal mag. So the next question is what order do i mix the items?

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I just want to toss this in since you're using liquid nutes.
My son uses Nector of the Gods nutes.
He was wearing out his arm stirring.
So I grabbed a 5 gal bucket with lid, a 200mm pc fan, a PWM speed control, an old laptop power supply and a old hard drive magnet.
Whala! A magnetic stirrer, total cost about $17.00, it will last for ever.
Oh I forgot, a magnetic stir bar.

Custom99

Custom99

I just want to toss this in since you're using liquid nutes.
My son uses Nector of the Gods nutes.
He was wearing out his arm stirring.
So I grabbed a 5 gal bucket with lid, a 200mm pc fan, a PWM speed control, an old laptop power supply and a old hard drive magnet.
Whala! A magnetic stirrer, total cost about $17.00, it will last for ever.
Oh I forgot, a magnetic stir bar.
Thats cool. I love the Mcguyver type stuff.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks everyone. So hopefully i am not sounding stupid but i have more questions. I didnt know anything about checking ppm until last week. Found out i was way underfeeding. After listening to the podcast that you guys posted i am going to use the flora nutes, silica, and cal mag. So the next question is what order do i mix the items?
id put the cal mag in first for coco,then my nutes,id use the silica for ph up if needed,i just never been wild about silica mainly because how much it raises ph,but cal mag to 150 ppm then nutes to the point you need to be,just my opinion and asuming your using ro water

4plant

4plant

Is it powder or liquid silica? I dissolve my powder silica in about 100ml separately then add it, then cal-mag then a+b and my bio stimulants last, adjust ph and dump

Top Bottom