Need help with transplant idea?

• Thread starter Leelandgrow3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

So I’m stuck underneath my net and my plant is in a five gallon bucket I don’t think that’s big enough for flower and want to transplant to my 20 gallon pot. My idea is use a dremel with a cutting wheel cut bucket in half and around bottom then lift up a bit and slide other planter underneath there then fill her up sounds easy but I don’t think it gonna be lol my scrog net is 9ft L by 4ft w so that kinda shows how big she is

Need help with transplant idea
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I wanna be very careful cause I don’t wanna cut roots

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have no idea how or why I would do this at this point already weaved through the net. I would just feed and water more often.

But im in to watch. ;-).

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I have no idea how or why I would do this at this point already weaved through the net. I would just feed and water more often.

But im in to watch. ;-).
Well can’t not having enough room for roots and plant to reach full decrease yeilds

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well can’t not having enough room for roots and plant to reach full decrease yeilds

True to a point. I have harvested half pound plants in a 3 gallon pot. I did not do better in my system in a 5.

If you can veg till the pot is truly full of roots then yes it can give more yield.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

True to a point. I have harvested half pound plants in a 3 gallon pot. I did not do better in my system in a 5.

If you can veg till the pot is truly full of roots then yes it can give more yield.
Well she already 5ft tall and I would say three feet across my net is 9ft L and 4ft W I say she gonna be pretty massive

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

easy, pull up the screen it doesn't look too intertwined atm..wait till pots rather dry, you will see a gap between the bucket and soil, loosen by pushing on the bottom, i would swoop it out onto a table sideways and then pick her up and place into the new pot. The only thing with buckets is that they are rather tall, so make sure that the pots its going into is ideally a bit taller than the bucket. Ill bump MImeds comment, you should run it in a five, next time in a fourty or a bed and compare side by side, even if it gets root bound, i have seen huge healthy plants in tiny containers, you just have to be on top of feeding. But consider that your plant should double in size or even triple in transition. Do you really want that plant larger considering that?

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

easy, pull up the screen it doesn't look too intertwined atm..wait till pots rather dry, you will see a gap between the bucket and soil, loosen by pushing on the bottom, i would swoop it out onto a table sideways and then pick her up and place into the new pot. The only thing with buckets is that they are rather tall, so make sure that the pots its going into is ideally a bit taller than the bucket. Ill bump MImeds comment, you should run it in a five, next time in a fourty or a bed and compare side by side, even if it gets root bound, i have seen huge healthy plants in tiny containers, you just have to be on top of feeding. But consider that your plant should double in size or even triple in transition. Do you really want that plant larger considering that?
My plan is to flip the coming up week and put all clones in a different room

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I’m mean I wouldn’t mind her getting that big tbh the bigger the better lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So I’m stuck underneath my net and my plant is in a five gallon bucket I don’t think that’s big enough for flower and want to transplant to my 20 gallon pot. My idea is use a dremel with a cutting wheel cut bucket in half and around bottom then lift up a bit and slide other planter underneath there then fill her up sounds easy but I don’t think it gonna be lol my scrog net is 9ft L by 4ft w so that kinda shows how big she is
i wouldnt mess with it myself,ya you can always unravel your scrog screen ,it just screws holding it,but why,those other plants under there need a home also,like everyone else say i wouldnt mess with it,if grown 7ft tall bushes in 5 gal buckets,they do just fine just have to water more often.
myself inside i aint going any bigger than 5 gal,outside in the ground or a 18 gal tote,that what i would roll wit,to much room for era inside to go over a 5 imo

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

yeah bro, or triple easy, if you up pot you have to wait until totally out of transplant shock and growing good again. Double the size you have right there is going to fill the space like crazy. You want to grow trees, grow outside.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

yeah bro, or triple easy, if you up pot you have to wait until totally out of transplant shock and growing good again. Double the size you have right there is going to fill the space like crazy. You want to grow trees, grow outside.
Normally I would have flowered by now but why not can’t grow out side where I’m from

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Whats wrong with big plants indoors if you have the space / light. If you really want to see what she will do in a 20 gallon pot, I say go for it, idk if you need to saw the pot off though.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I like growing big plants

Top Bottom