Need help with transplanting a plant

• Thread starter Artski87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Artski87

Artski87

Hi so I need some help transplanting this regular femail plant I have that’s been in veg for about 2.5 months and I’d like to place it in a larger container to get it bigger . It’s gonna flower in a 3x3 tent once its large enough to cover most of the tent . I’m growing in regular soil with advanced nutrients . I’d like to repot it into a 5 gal bucket that I’ve drilled lots of holes in for drainage . All the pics are taken today . So my questions are as follows

- when is the best time to transplant this girl? (Morning/evening)

-before transplant how wet should the soil be ?

-once plant is out of old pot what to do to the roots? (Cut some off?,just open them up with my hand a bit ?, fluff them up as much as possible?)

-how much do I pack the soil once the plant is in the new pot?

-how soon do I feed the plant in the new pot ?( first watering?, second watering?)...

Thank you 🙏

Need help with transplanting a plant
Need help with transplanting a plant 2
Need help with transplanting a plant 3
Need help with transplanting a plant 4
Need help with transplanting a plant 5
Need help with transplanting a plant 6
Need help with transplanting a plant 7
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Transplant in evening when it’s cool and no direct light after transplant for 12 to 24hr helps transplant shock , don’t tear at the roots just gently open them up a bit place in new pot with its feeder roots a few inches below the top of your new pot fill in around the plant and pack down the new medium around root ball of plant water in with ph correct water you can give a light feed the day or two after you pot up I just did mine yesterday check it out on my profile .good luck .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Raising humidity and lowering light intensity for a day or 2 will help ease the stress. I like to saturate the soil in the new pot 24hrs before transplant to give some time to drain

@One drop has ya covered.

Artski87

Artski87

Transplant in evening when it’s cool and no direct light after transplant for 12 to 24hr helps transplant shock , don’t tear at the roots just gently open them up a bit place in new pot with its feeder roots a few inches below the top of your new pot fill in around the plant and pack down the new medium around root ball of plant water in with ph correct water you can give a light feed the day or two after you pot up I just did mine yesterday check it out on my profile .good luck .
Awesome thanks for the help happy growing🙏🤙

Top Bottom