Need Help!

• Thread starter Rubijon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rubijon

First off I am a complete newbie to this and any input would be great. I picked up some Skywalker OG (and they looked great) on Dec 23rd I soaked my RW over night and put them into 4" cubes for my Ebb & gro system. I thouhgt I mixed up the nutrients a little lite for the first time I watered them 3 times for 15 min the first day then went to one time a day because they were looking a little yellow.

Now they look like shit :confused0054:. The leaves are turning crispy. What am I doing wrong and how do I correct this problem?

PH= 5.85
PPM=645
Temp.=74.6
R.H.=50%
Co2=1000ppm

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I would think 645 ppm might be a tad high. If I am understanding u right these are small plants in early veg freshly transplanted.Also make sure that when your flooding the cubes get saturated. Also a little tip I learned here at the farm is to make sure your buckets drain all the way. My dad homemade his setup and it was leaving about an in of water in each bucket causing the plants to have "wet feet" and root rot.

R

Rubijon

Can I lower the ppm by pumping 5 gallons or more out and putting in 5 fresh gallons of R.O water?

singlespeed

singlespeed

Do you have pictures? Crispy leaves? What size lamps are you using and how many inches away from the tops are they? FYI I run a top drip with rockwool and my ppm are 900 for their first reservoir feed. I am not sure if an ebb and gro if different but 650 sounds low to me.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

The way this post reads to me is he got some little probably fresh rooted clones an overfert burn the crap out of them. He said the leaves quickyl yellowed turn crispy. 900Ppm for a fresh rooted baby sounds like way to much to me. anybody else got any opinions on this.

G

gudkarma

The way this post reads to me is he got some little probably fresh rooted clones an overfert burn the crap out of them. He said the leaves quickyl yellowed turn crispy. 900Ppm for a fresh rooted baby sounds like way to much to me. anybody else got any opinions on this.

i just dropped 23 cuts (made up of several strains) in a tray.

changed out rez & filled with fresh solution @ 900ppm (6.8 ph , dynagro nutes, p.silicate, cal mag, and a touch of micro) to see how far i could push these little ladies & to see which strains were gonna burn, burn first, show stress, etc...

this is a week 1-3 tray. young childrens ...from the cloner into the fire.

guess what? burned ...all of them. fast too. two days tops they were all stressed & started yellowing (discoloration) from the tips back.

test used cuts going from 20/4 to 12/12 ...like usual ...straight SOG.

usual starting ppm : 500 to 650ppm = no drama

i start topping off the rez with beastie blooms, when water is needed, somewhere in week 2 but it depends on how things look.

set to the above ppm, i start adding beastie at the start of week two.

again, no drama since the amount is small.

real quick, i'd rather be a little off schedule (personally) than trying to push stressed plants through "the system".

conclusion = lower ppm to start is better

my opinion : wait till week three (ish) to start bumping up ppm

strains in tray : sour d (clone only), afghan kush, jackberry, kaya47, & great white

just sayin 900ppm might be a tad high.

R

Rubijon

Well I changed out the res and ended up with a ppm of 277 and the plants look a ton better. It has been 5 days so I changed the res again a now I have a ppm of 420 dont know if that will work or not. Next problem is someone told me I may have put these little thing in way to early and now I am going to have root choke. Any thoughts on this?

S

strictlyOG

i picked up my OG SKYWALKER on december 17th and already feeding at 1040ppm. and they seem to love every bit of it. OG's are whores for nutes. and she loves cal-mag

R

Rubijon

Well the plant look great now the are growing fast:character0029:. My next question is every morning I go out and take readings in my res and the PH goes up over night from around 5.85 to around 6.35. Is this normal?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yep usually means your ladies are using alot of nutes
a couple different things you can do to fix this
extra cal mag helps stop the flux but watch your ppms
using a bigger rez should also help stop this
You using hydrozyme or something like it?This is known to cause ph bouncing

S

strictlyOG

yes that is normal. my ph usaly takes a day or so to jump up from 5.7 to 6.0 this always pisses me off so i check all my reservoirs daily. :evilgrin0040:

R

Rubijon

yep usually means your ladies are using alot of nutes
a couple different things you can do to fix this
extra cal mag helps stop the flux but watch your ppms
using a bigger rez should also help stop this
You using hydrozyme or something like it?This is known to cause ph bouncing

Yes, I am using Hydrozyme should I be using it during the growth stage? I have a 55 gal res but I started to only use 25 gal to save on the nutes

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Yes, I am using Hydrozyme should I be using it during the growth stage? I have a 55 gal res but I started to only use 25 gal to save on the nutes

yep basically hydrozyme makes it easier for your plants to abosrb nutes
i do cut it out around week 5 herd it causes increased amounts of nitrogen to be produced

R

Rubijon

Are you using R.O Water?

Yup. How many times a day should I be watering. Ebb&Gro right now I am watering 2 times a day for 15min. I was thinking now that the plants are bigger (about 12 inches) should I bump it up to 3 times a day?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Yup. How many times a day should I be watering. Ebb&Gro right now I am watering 2 times a day for 15min. I was thinking now that the plants are bigger (about 12 inches) should I bump it up to 3 times a day?

wouldnt hurt
thats what i do with my coco

Top Bottom