Need Help!

• Thread starter Sci-fi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sci-fi

I have coco beds that are 12 ft long and have a total of four 600 watt lights evenly spaced. I went to go check on things tonight to find one of my lights blown. I'm at day 22 of flower. Is ok to replace it with one of my metal halides to get me through tell harvest. I really dont have the cash to grab another hps. How bad will this stress my plants switching from red to blue spec for the last 5-6 weeks?

hiboy

hiboy

you know dual arc lamps have both spectrums, so i wouldnt think it would be horrible to do that. I"ld sell something if you have to and buy a cheapy though.

S

Sci-fi

you know dual arc lamps have both spectrums, so i wouldnt think it would be horrible to do that. I"ld sell something if you have to and buy a cheapy though.

Yea i know there are people who run blue the last week but half of flower is a long time. I do have 3 other hps in the area but not direct light. F@#$ i dont know what to do. I should have planned for this. :(

S

Sci-fi

I do have Ushio Super MH. Says it has added red spec. for flowering effiency. Think i can get away with this?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Hard for me to visualize your set-up bro, are the lights in a line or a square? Can you re-position your lights and/or your plants? I think you would be ok just putting a MH in if you can't buy a HPS, put the MH over your least favorite plants or rotate them through if you're really worried about it.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I think you should run what ever bulb you have that has the least hrs on it. I think a side by side would be cool. I wouldnt stress it to much. Just my opinion. Personally I would by a new bulb.

S

Sci-fi

Hard for me to visualize your set-up bro, are the lights in a line or a square? Can you re-position your lights and/or your plants? I think you would be ok just putting a MH in if you can't buy a HPS, put the MH over your least favorite plants or rotate them through if you're really worried about it.

It a 12' long and 4' wide coco bed. The lights Sea-saw back and forth accross the Length of the room and are evenly spaced. Guess i just put the mh somewhere near the center which happens to have Sskunk and finishes the soonest. Mabe ill get more trics. Like making hash with that strain anyways.

T

tomsawyer

Yes, put the bulb in the middle somewhere. You will be fine. Probly won't notice the difference. But aside from different spectrum, they put off less lumens. This makes the bigger difference but not much. I wouldn'y worry about it, theyre getting light and they are happy

Top Bottom