need help!!!!!

• Thread starter Pheonix82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pheonix82

Pheonix82

High all. I'm new to the farm and from the other posts I've seen it looks like there is a lot of knowledge and experience here and I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.

First some details....

I've been growing for almost two years. I learned by babysitting and when I set up mine I duplicated that setup. I was using Promix with flora nova nutes in 7 gal pots. Veg time was 1-2 months under a 400w hps. Bloom room size was roughly 7 x 8, with 2 600w hps and I was getting a somewhat decent yield. I felt that it wasn't as productive as it could be so I started asking questions and making changes but instead of increasing yield, I lost approx 50%.

Changes made.....

Now using sunshine#4 instead of ProMix
Foxfarm nutes instead of flora nova
Grow big for veg; tiger bloom, open sesame, Beastie blooms, and molasses for veg
3 600w hps in a 12 x 7 basement room.
Implemented SCROG method.

When I first made changes I missed a vital nute and that is now fixed but my yield has not recovered. Im not sure what I'm missing but I know I'm missing something. I follow the Foxfarm feed schedule with some slight modifications to fit my schedule. Any input would be helpful and most welcome.

I do hav a few specific questions as well
1. Is sunshine mix dirt or soilless medium
2. When flushing, is pH water or flush solution better
3. How often should I flush.
I'm using city water, 1 gal/plant, feed...flush (pH water).....feed....flush for both veg and bloom.

Last edited:
Pheonix82

Pheonix82

Here is my feed schedule based on the Foxfarm schedule. Any input at all is greatly appreciated.

IMG 20140819 140155
Pisces

Pisces

I too say go back to what was working….. Or, cut way back on what your feeding them.

Why are you feeding them bloom nutes while they are in the veg stage anyways?

Just use Grow Big and cut out everything else….just a suggestion.

K.I.S.S.

Pheonix82

Pheonix82

Cause that's what I was told to do with open sesame since it takes a few weeks for plant to process it. Like I said I based my feed schedule on foxfarms. My ladies look great IMO but I'm kinda still a noob. Could it possibly be genetics? I haven't been able to find anything on the strains I have. I have ATF, California Dream, and Dutch treat. Here are some pics if any sees anything, has an opinion I'd love to hear it :)

Full room
IMG 20140819 214632

Dutch treat?
IMG 20140819 212615

California Dream?
IMG 20140819 212858

ATF
IMG 20140819 212929

I pull one a week so they are ranging for 1st week in to ready to pull (not shown)

Pheonix82

Pheonix82

In just noticed a typo in my first post under changes made. Second set of nutes is for bloom not veg.

trippinballz

trippinballz

It must be the coffee...

1. Soil less. It's either peat or coir. (was always peat but I hear it may have switched?)
2 & 3. I think flushing is only necessary during the grow if there are toxic conditions present (plants overfed/etc.) Otherwise i think it's just a way for the nute co's to sell flushing products and more nutes. To "flush" at the end of bloom, I merely back out 2 weeks or so from the finish time and use water only til harvest.

The glaring thing for me that is affecting your yields (in both gardens) are that you are only offering the plants 21 watts of light per sq ft.

And with all of those nutes being applied, i'm gonna guess a ppm check would blow your mind and reveal a shitload as to "why" things are not optimal.

IMO, find one good veg nute and one good bloom nute and screw the shotgun method. With so much goin in there is no way to isolate what is wrong.

then water (slowly) til you see runoff.

You may also do better with less plants, especially if you can't offer more light.

good luck

Pheonix82

Pheonix82

Thx for the input trippin. I do keep my count low, 8 plants under 3 lights, for that exact reason. I'm a firm believer in less is more.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cause that's what I was told to do with open sesame since it takes a few weeks for plant to process it. Like I said I based my feed schedule on foxfarms. My ladies look great IMO but I'm kinda still a noob. Could it possibly be genetics? I haven't been able to find anything on the strains I have. I have ATF, California Dream, and Dutch treat. Here are some pics if any sees anything, has an opinion I'd love to hear it :)

Full room
View attachment 434353

Dutch treat?
View attachment 434355

California Dream?
View attachment 434356

ATF
View attachment 434357

I pull one a week so they are ranging for 1st week in to ready to pull (not shown)
Don't use manufacturers feed schedules, to start. It's too formulaic and cannot be applied to all strains of the same plant, let alone all plants. And to me your plants look burned up, which is what can occur when one tries to follow a formula that's meant to sell more fertilizer. ;)

Trippinballz has you, do what he says. :)

Pheonix82

Pheonix82

Thank you all for the advice :) I think I am gonna switch back to flora nova once I finish off my nutes that I presently have. I think I need to re-read the growers bible again. Then I can try again maybe :banghead:.​

Top Bottom