Need Help

• Thread starter Toker12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Toker12

This is my very first plant I've ever grown, I didn't know much at first besides how to germinated a seed and the basic things a plant needs like soil, sunlight, water and nutrient but like every new growers intentions I want to grow the best bud possible. For my first time I decided to grow outdoors using a 15 gallon pot and soil. It is very healthy, the stem is very thick and it grew tall. I planted it at the end of march and it started to flower end of july beginning of August. When it started to flower it had some yellow leaves with brown dots and I was scared it was dying on me. I thought it may be heat stress cause i live in florida where it's very humid and it was always in direct sunlight. I added more nutrients to it too cause I thought it was also lacking some nitrogen and calcium. I put it in my shed for a few days with a couple fans cause my friends were all telling me that it needs complete darkness while it's budding but boy were they wrong, the leaves were shriving up, the tips were turning brown and their were more yellow leaves then ever before so I took it out of the shed right away and put it in the corner of my yard that gets a couple hours of sun but for the most part is shaded. Ive been nursing her back to health for the last month or so now and she's finally healthy again but I feel as if it should be producing a lot more bud? I don't know if Im just really impatient and should wait it out or if something is wrong that I can fix before it's too late.. BTW I have no idea what strand it is I got the seed from a gram I picked up from a friend but it's very sticky and smells fruity. Can anyone give me any tips for this plant and my future ones as well?

20160924 194848
20160924 194824
20160924 194146
20160924 194419
20160924 194630
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I would offer that you need to grab a book on growing cannabis and learn about phot0period.

the simple version is as there are many skools of thought on it. When vegging 18 hrs of light a day. 6 hrs of darkness. When the photoperiod drops to 12 or less this signals the plant to flower. Your friends were right to a point. The plant does need complete darkness but only 12 hrs a day of it with 12 hours of light during flower.

I have smoked much fire coming out of Fla so great cannabis does and gets grown there.

Izarah

Izarah

I'm curious why you pruned all the fan leaves off? That sort of thing can put a plant into shock! But really to answer your question. I think she probably won't produce as much bud now as she could have if taken proper care of. Although it's a weed they have very specific ways they like to be treated. Mine was 2 feet tall when I decided to bud and she has been in flower state for almost a month. Once they start this stage you don't want to be timing anything off anyhow so the fact that all your fan leaves are missing is something new to me.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

when they say darkness in flower it means that when it is dark do not let light get to it so when u in 12 12 u can go and turn the light on or let any light in to the dark room or the plant is going to b super unhappy and best would b she just herms out on u

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This is my very first plant I've ever grown, I didn't know much at first besides how to germinated a seed and the basic things a plant needs like soil, sunlight, water and nutrient but like every new growers intentions I want to grow the best bud possible. For my first time I decided to grow outdoors using a 15 gallon pot and soil. It is very healthy, the stem is very thick and it grew tall. I planted it at the end of march and it started to flower end of july beginning of August. When it started to flower it had some yellow leaves with brown dots and I was scared it was dying on me. I thought it may be heat stress cause i live in florida where it's very humid and it was always in direct sunlight. I added more nutrients to it too cause I thought it was also lacking some nitrogen and calcium. I put it in my shed for a few days with a couple fans cause my friends were all telling me that it needs complete darkness while it's budding but boy were they wrong, the leaves were shriving up, the tips were turning brown and their were more yellow leaves then ever before so I took it out of the shed right away and put it in the corner of my yard that gets a couple hours of sun but for the most part is shaded. Ive been nursing her back to health for the last month or so now and she's finally healthy again but I feel as if it should be producing a lot more bud? I don't know if Im just really impatient and should wait it out or if something is wrong that I can fix before it's too late.. BTW I have no idea what strand it is I got the seed from a gram I picked up from a friend but it's very sticky and smells fruity. Can anyone give me any tips for this plant and my future ones as well?
First thing that hits me is that soil crown looks like it is screaming for moisture. As far as how the plant was grown, I cant speak to that cause I aint you. But you have to keep in mind not all genetics produce well. You may have a pheno that just isnt going to produce. However, it may be a pure fire pheno and even tho it didnt give you a unit per light, you may still have some mighty fine smoke. Remember, until a strain is "worked" and until it is true breeding and stable you will get many variations in the phenos of that pack of seeds. Hope this helps some.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm curious why you pruned all the fan leaves off? That sort of thing can put a plant into shock! But really to answer your question. I think she probably won't produce as much bud now as she could have if taken proper care of. Although it's a weed they have very specific ways they like to be treated. Mine was 2 feet tall when I decided to bud and she has been in flower state for almost a month. Once they start this stage you don't want to be timing anything off anyhow so the fact that all your fan leaves are missing is something new to me.
How long has the plant in your pic been in flower mode?

Top Bottom