need HVAC help..cooling lights

• Thread starter wings123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wings123

wings123

hello farmers im looking for some help with the following questions.... I very much appreciate any help anyone can offer

1. I have a room with 6 1k air cooled hoods cooled by one fan ( i have ac also so this is not the only temp controll) . My question is.....should i just have the fan cooling all 6 lights in one shot.....or should i put a T at the fan and use each side of the T to cool 3 lights....? is there a difference between the full fan speed cooling the 6 versus half the fan speed cooling 3 ( x2) ??

if i T it off i can have 2 rows of 3 lights each with no turns in the ductwork (besides where the T splits)
OR i can have no T, and all 6 in one shot but this would require at least 2 turns in the ductwork.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I would do it double barrel style; 2 rows of 3 hoods with the T. Are these 6" hoods or 8"? SUCK, don't blow, the air through these hoods. Pull air from outside the grow room, so that when you're ready to seal the room and add CO2, you're ready. Do NOT actively cool the air running through the hoods, it's a tremendous waste of money. Exhaust the air outside through a carbon filter, or into your home to warm it.

You got more set up questions, I can help you!

wings123

wings123

thank you...
i am adding co2 finially this time and trying to seal it and do it right.....question...how do i wxhaudt it outside THROUGH a carbon filter....this will be my first time usiing the ac and co2....I have always just sucked air from in the room through the hoods and into a carbon filter in the attic....relying on the negative pressure in my room for odor controll....

i was going to pull air from outside.....through the hoods and back outside....using insulated duct work on the hoods so its all seald and no stick gets sucked into the system.....and then have a very small exhaust suckin out of the room into a carbon filter for negativer pressure odor controll.... i know this is not optimal....i dont have room inside of the flower room for my carbon filter....how would i exhaust the air outside through a carbon filter???

forgive me if i sound stupid but ive been stuck one one way for years and now trying to do a sealed room while still air cooling my hoods 9ac is only 24k btu and with 6 lights in the summer it wont cut it....

wings123

wings123

I would do it double barrel style; 2 rows of 3 hoods with the T. Are these 6" hoods or 8"? SUCK, don't blow, the air through these hoods. Pull air from outside the grow room, so that when you're ready to seal the room and add CO2, you're ready. Do NOT actively cool the air running through the hoods, it's a tremendous waste of money. Exhaust the air outside through a carbon filter, or into your home to warm it.

You got more set up questions, I can help you!

BTW thank you i apprecite the help! this is a 12 x 8 room that i had set up vertical last few years with just a few plant at a time....im gonna try going back to the hoods.....6 1k lights and 12 plants in 12 gallon coco/perlite hempys

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

go with Y's not T's less flow restriction, every 90 adds 10 to 20 feet to your run due to resistance. Using CO2 causes the RH to go up quite a bit and high RH is the kiss of death for filters. 80%+

One Flip

One Flip

go with Y's not T's less flow restriction, every 90 adds 10 to 20 feet to your run due to resistance. Using CO2 causes the RH to go up quite a bit and high RH is the kiss of death for filters. 80%+

Does it reduce the life of the filter? Or does it not just function properly at 80+ rh?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Does it reduce the life of the filter? Or does it not just function properly at 80+ rh?
:(

the answer is yes to both.

The water molecules in the air start to get stuck in the carbon pore structure and diminish the life of the filter. Carbon filters effectively stop working in very humid environments! This is because water coats the activated carbon matrix, which simply means that no carbon surface is available to catch organic molecules. Keep your garden’s relative humidity well below 82%. I recommend 60%

ttystikk

ttystikk

Run humidity higher in veg, and early bloom- I run 70% plus, especially with the higher temps run with co2. Only after week 5 in bloom do I reduce my RH, and I never let it below 50%.

Makes a big difference in yields. Higher RH also encourages higher EC, so plants have better access to nutrients.

Since my rooms are sealed, my carbon filter never sees that high RH.

Top Bottom