Need Ideas for grow area.

• Thread starter Igot5onit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Igot5onit

Hello, Im new to the farm and also growing. I have a 12 pot ebb n flo fill and drain system and Im not sure of the size room I should be useing for it. I got a 1000w w/ a XXL 6" hood. What would you all suggest I do for a room size for flowering to maximize the light. Also the ebb n flo system has a 55gallon res, should I plan on keeping that out of the flowering room? Sorry I couldn't think of all the details if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

J

JoE_AnTiX77

i suggest u get more lights to start off with.... more light means better yield but you'll need good a/c (w/ CO2) or exhaust fan to keep the temp. n humidity low and have a constant flow of oxygen n CO2... i would use 4 1000w hps n 4 600w hps at least ... dependin on ur space

S

scrapiron

DAMN Joe! 6400 watts for 12 plants?!!! Thats damn near a 600w light per plant. I fit 8 plants under my 1000w comfortably.

S

scrapiron

Alot of planning depends on the strain you grow. Some plants are strechy some are compact.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

1k per plant is what i have been seeing on the boards from very experienced and expert growers. Check out the MPB section and check out some of them if you haven't committed to ebb n flow

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I've got friends who run ebb n flow tables. They use rockwool slabs, 6 plants per 4x4 tray and 1000w horizontal hood per tray. they pull 2lbs a table on average using basic GH nutes. It's so brainless it makes me want to puke sometimes. Ebb n flow works, I seen it!

OOOHHhh, I gotcha. Buckets. I'm running buckets really soon and I plan on 4 buckets under 1 1000w light. You'll need about a 3.5-4ft square to put the 4 buckets under the one light. You should conservatively pull 5-7oz off of each plant set up like that. Get 2 more xxl 6" and keep the res out of the room and get a 1/4hp water chiller for the res at some point. 15ft by 6ft would be a good space. Run the 3 lights in series with 1 fan.

Run a bushy strain like grapefruit or hashplant. Hell, the grape ape is pretty bushy if you prune it. Look for a 25-50% sativa strain and you'll be good. the bubba kush is better in tables, along with most other stick looking afghanica type indicas. Some sativas can get way too big, so make sure you've got minumum 25% indica in the mix.

X

Xceptional

is this a 12 pot ebb and GROW system? if so i ran one with 12 plants under it with 1k in a xxxl 6" hood. you have to bunch them damn pots up nice and tight to get them to all fit. here are my suggestions

hang the light. you need a 5 ft sq area or so that the light will hit any space beyond that is for other equipment and to move around. once you have the light hung put the buckets under the ligt and i would say run about 12" of tube from connector to connector and the 4 buckets should fit nice and tight. then center the 3 rows. you wont want to veg to tall if you have a bushy strain if you have a strain that doesn't have much side branching you may be able to grow them a lil taller. without knowing the genetics i dont know how tall you should go nor will anyone else.

i got 3 of those with 30 buckets now. here is my layout....

BUCKETS 44
LIGHTS
Drawing1
I

Igot5onit

Thank you al for your ideas, And xceptional thats the system i have for sure, btw i didnt notice i left out the room size, the room is 11x11x7. Thanks again for all your help. Also if someone has a good strain i should start with please give me some ideas. Something a little easier and more on the indica side.

X

Xceptional

nl#5. tough as nails easy to grow good smoke great yield and finishes in 8 weeks. my patients love this strain so i keep her around. also mine has really strong branches so even with 50" inch plants she needs no additional support with 4oz of bud on her she holds her own weight just fine.

I

Igot5onit

Xceptional - thanks a ton for all your help this should send me in the right direction.

Top Bottom