need info on the recomendations on ph pens i keep breaking my blue lab

• Thread starter sliknuts89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sliknuts89

ok so i have moved up to blue lab due to recomendation of m llocal hydro store, the problem is in 3 weeks i am on my 3rd pen. first my probe driedot, second the glass broke and that is not under warranty, so now I am borrowing a friends untill i can make it back up to the shop. would love to hear from my fellow growers whether to stick with blue lab or go to a better company so i need info my last pen was hanna and lasted me two years no troubles i just replaced it due to age cus it was taking longer for a reading.

should i go back to hanna, stick with blue lab and call it shitty luck, or should i try something else more reliable please let me know? i liked the blue lab they read well very onpoint for ppm and so on i own a trunceon and i have zero complaints it is awesome and has zero problems with a five year warranty so blue lab is a good company, but i only have experience w these two companies. blue lab definately has all the bells and whistles compaired to the hanna but my hanna is two years plus i age and never had a problem. mabe i jst need to be more carefull and blue lab is the shit thats wy im asking you farmers. please get back to me soon cus by tuesday i have to replace it.

please give me some knowledge on these companies and there products i am relatively new to the pens only been taking reading for 3 years and this is soooething i need to do soon ........ thanks your knowledge can really help me save money and time please help.............

S

Steel Erection

I have 2 Hanna's in the closet. Been using an Oakton ecotester for the last year no problems. Easy to calibrate. -SE

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Yeah just be more careful man. I love my Blue lab and treat it like an expensive electronic.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Yhea these tools are not built Ford Tuff. JKJK

I like the Hanna 6N. Vary much on point. If I were walking in the store these days. I get trimeter due to I run ppms 2000-6000 Most pens will not go over 2k ppms.

If cost was a problem. I say go for a blulab ppm stick or some other kind of ppm device. and GH ph Drippers. No joke on the GH ph single use drip kit.

S

swisscheese

All the ph pens are trash slik. I've went through 1 red hanna ph pen, 3 bluelab pens, and 2 bluelab trimeters! They all work great at first and I would recommend taking notes on how much ph down you add etc so when your meter breaks you know how much to add and don't have to depend on an inconsistent tool. Even if you keep them wet all the time, don't drop or bump them, and calibrate them every week or every use they still wear out quickly it seems.

Cort

Cort

My cheap Milwaukee lasted longer (till I dropped it after using almost a year) than my Bluelab. On bluelab #2. #1 warrantyed out due to not calibrating.

D

Donkdbz

Its says right in the instructions. If the probe dries it dies. The glass broke why?

Almost all the bluelab pens I have seen returned are user caused reasons.

The Red Hanna pens do real well have not seen many returned. The black hanna combo pens Blow chunks though

Top Bottom