Need logo help..

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I love the last one and it is totally non-canna looking, that one would work in descrete "square" circles for sure.

Using that same one, can you put a big leaf behind the caduceus watermarked or real faint? the caduseus would still be the primary image..

Man that is lookin good maing..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That last one is Titts maing!!! i love that one...good balance and all that good stuff...

Tex

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings Texas Kid

First, allow me to wish you luck and hope you success on what appears to be an exciting entrepreneurial exercise.

I like the idea of the logo and offer encouragement and kudos to all the artistic members who've contributed to this thread in the support of your goals.

Just a point for consideration: There is a significant difference in form, function and symbolism between the staff of Hermes, god of messengers, liars and thieves (the Caduceus) and the Rod of Asclepius, son of Apollo and practitioner of medicine.

The 'rod' is the actual symbol of the medical profession. One snake entwined around an Olive branch.

The first known use of the Caduceus in a relative context was by the Swiss medical printer, Johann Frobenius. However, the symbol was supposed to represent the printing, as Hermes was a messenger, and not the content, medicine.

Its mistaken tie to the medical profession was solidified in 1902, when the insignia was formally added to the uniforms of US Army Medical Officers. The Army never corrected the mistake, even though there was much debate on the matter when brought to light.

As stated, simply a point for consideration and again, in all things positive, I hope your harvests outweigh your expectations.

Sincerely,
Charles.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Thanks for the info and incouragement Charles, I am always doin something... I had no idea but to be honest the more I read, I kind of like the connatation of the Hermes staff better than the medical one...

The Caduceus of Mercury (Roman) and the Karykeion of Hermes (Greek)
Many "medical" organisations use a symbol of a short rod entwined by two snakes and topped by a pair of wings, which is actually the caduceus or magic wand of the Greek god Hermes (Roman Mercury), messenger of the gods, inventor of (magical) incantations, conductor of the dead and protector of merchants and thieves. It is derived from the Greek karykeion = "herald's staff", itself based on the word "eruko" meaning restrain, control.

It is interesting to see that most of organisations using this symbol are generally either commercial or military (or American). New Zealand examples include drug and pharmaceutical companies. A study by Friedlander confirms this impression.

The link between the caduceus of Hermes (Mercury) and medicine seems to have arisen by the seventh century A.D., when Hermes had come to be linked with alchemy. Alchemists were referred to as the sons of Hermes, as Hermetists or Hermeticists and as "practitioners of the hermetic arts". There are clear occult associations with the caduceus.

The caduceus was the magic staff of Hermes (Mercury), the god of commerce, eloquence, invention, travel and theft, and so was a symbol of heralds and commerce, not medicine. The words caduity & caducous imply temporality, perishableness and senility, while the medical profession espouses renewal, vitality and health.

That definately suits me better, maybe not as appropriate in a medical context though..hehe

Tex

convex

convex

That was my favourite too.

Damned zip of photoshop source files and jpg's exceeds upload file size!

Shoot me a PM on how to get the files to you.

Cheers

L

LandraceQuest

Hello Guys :character0103:

I don't know if you have already made your choice Texas Kid but i will let mine just to participate...

Nice artists here :icon_cookie:

Best Regards

-LQ-

Papyrus texas

Latest posts

Top Bottom