need medical card??

• Thread starter STEVELO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blazingimmortal

so getting your docs rec does not mean anything now??

D

Dignan

Its good defense if ya get popped.

KAL is right there. ^

Google "sample physicians recommendation letter marijuana" or something along those lines and you'll find templates that you can take to your doctor and make it easier for them to see exactly what they are agreeing to.

I

IVIars

idk if i would risk it. i believe the law states that the health department has to review your app (within 30days) to be legal. just because you have a docs rec doesnt mean your safe. Read the law.

And theres doctors out there that will do it for less than 200 and if you dont get a doc rec then yu dont pay sheet

B

blazingimmortal

So you can't really have that safe zone right now you need the health dept to approve you for 100% Compliance to be 100% Safe docs rec is just the start for our good people..

I was told at the clinic that with my paper I could start growing as of now

I

IVIars

If the LEO wanted to be a dick he could arrest you and then you would have to prove in court that you needed the mmj. Dr rec normally doesnt mean sheet with a cop. Just because your family in phx pd recognizes it doesnt mean others will. Ive been arrested by phx pd for marijuana and the arresting cop was cool, let my buddy come get my truck, only charged me with an 1/8 and not a quarter (doesnt really matter). Now when i got to the station, a different cop was suggesting i do a blood test to see if i could be charged with a DUID, but the cool cop declined and said it wasnt necessary.

Sheriff Joes rejects are going to be the ones to really worry about. I remember before with the immigration he said he was there to enforce FEDERAL law. All in all just be safe

B

blazingimmortal

You are not 100% Safe until you are 100% Compliant why risk it

B

blazingimmortal

I am also a legit patient that needs his meds day in day out ask my boy GTD
I am a serious wreck heheheh I already started getting my shit together I got my docs rec and they said I was good to go on my grow. I'm legal so lets unite and get this going strong AZ MED USERS UNITE!!! :bongsmi::bongsmi:

J

joeguy

i just moved to arizona.. how difficult is it to get a medical card here? is it leniant?

D

Dignan

It's not difficult to qualify. The process of applying is a little convoluted and confusing and the costs/fees end up being about $450 or so after you visit your doc to have your condition documented (if you haven't had a doc do so within the past 24 months), then you pay a certifying physician, aka a "pot doc" $150, and then shell out the $150 application fee to the Arizona Dept of Health Services.

Bent

Bent

It really just comes down to whether or not you have a qualifying condition. If your doctor says you do, then you shouldn't have any problem getting your card. But lenient? Compared to some other states, definitely not.

A

az_curious

Well I ll keep you posted on my situation. I am going to try and qualify. I have had back issues (Degenerative Disc Disease/Sciattica) for quite sometime however I have not been interested in taking pain pills so I have not sought out treatment recently. Now that medicinal marijuana is an option I am going to give it a shot. I am going to see my PCP and have them "document" my issues on my medical records. I am not sure if that will be enough to qualify me but like I said it's worth a shot. To me the pain is chronic and it effects my day to day life however I am not sure if that will be enough to qualify. I think it is sad because the conditions that may be effectively treated with cannabis far exceed the limited number of conditions listed in the Arizona Law. It's a shame too because you can probably find a 100 of DR's that will write you a RX for Vicodin if you complain about a stubbed toe long enough which is way worse for your body and highly addictive.

D

Dignan

Here's what makes your chances very good, and this is very important because it's really how mmj programs have been able to flourish in every state:

A. Your doctor cannot tell you how severe or debilitating your pain is. Pain is a subjective thing, it cannot be measured. It cannot be proven or disproved. Regardless of the underlying condition that causes the pain, if your doctor hears from you that your living, working, eating, or sleeping are disrupted by the pain you experience, he is obligated to record that information in your medical record. That's all you need.

B. Once you have that medical record documenting that you are in pain serious enough that it is affecting your life, that's all the certifying physician (the "pot doc") needs to recommend marijuana.

C. Nobody... ADHS included... nobody can second-guess that physician's recommendation. The patient-physician relationship is afforded that protection in the U.S.

So your only hurdle really is getting your regular doc to record your condition and symptoms.

Top Bottom