• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Need Medical Marijuana? Yep, iPhone's Got an App For That
Chris Brandrick
Jul 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Apple's App Store is never short of controversy, from shaking babies, to explicit racy content. The latest disputable app to be approved by Apple and hit the store is 'Cannabis,' an application that assists users in finding the nearest available marijuana supply.

The application is available for $2.99, and is developed by the "Cannabis lifestyle" folks over at Ajnag, yet they insist that the app should be used for medicinal purposes only. It will not share the location of illegal dealers, and Ajnag claims not to promote the illegal use of the drug.

'Cannabis' currently works via location based services, pulling in a users current location and using that knowledge to display relevant information, such as where the closest legal source of Cannabis can be found. For example it will show users of the application legal dispensaries in over a dozen U.S. States, and for those states lacking medical marijuana laws, the app will point you in the direction of a nearby Cannabis organization. For International users a display of local legal Cannabis coffee shops will be offered. In addition to sharing where users can find Cannabis, users can also locate local doctors, clinics, attorneys and more.

It is fairly clear that this application is setting out to make positive steps towards marijuana legalization, but whether people will see it that way is yet to be seen.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qglJOSBkFMU[/YOUTUBE]

Article submitted by: fractaLz

F

FastForward

Damn....beaten to the punch.....still, my app has a slightly different angle on it. Here's how their app looks in the apps store:

Ajnaj
Aligee

Aligee

iPhone is the shit glued to my palm 24/7lol! THCFarmer.com bookmarked of course ! ima check this out! even tho I dont need/use no club down here!!!!

W

wellmedicated

Spent all my money on bulbs cant afford my cell.Priorities!!!

fractaLz

fractaLz

Thanks for posting this article Cali Smoke!!!!!! The Ajnag crew is doing this proper for sure, this is just one of many projects we're working on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom