need moisture!!!!

• Thread starter lamchop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lamchop

how can i add moisture into my cupboard??? i've got extracted air and in take but is my 400w hps light to powerfull???the temp is around 27 degrees cand the space is 500mm x 1000mm x 2000mm?? any cheap solutions would be good!!! try'd leaving a bowl water of water but still showing 20%!!!:smiley_joint:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I recommended wetting a towel and hanging it in the tent/closet to someone else a while ago, and he came back and said it worked very well for him.

F

farmerjohn

Buy a small plastic humidifier. Not sure how much that will set you back, but it can't be too much. Running 20% RH is probably not where you want to be for any extended period of time. Where is that cupboard anyway? The middle of the desert?

If my metric conversion is any good, that is a really, really small space. Considering that, 27 degrees C, is not too bad. If you have a way to cool the space even further, you may well see the RH increase, although, I doubt it will come up much from the arid air that now fills the space, without a humidifier.

Your light is underpowered if anything. I run a couple of the 400W HPSs in my flowering area & it is necessary to augment their output with movable 400W MHs. The light spectrum is very good for budding, yet left to itself, you may find the flower structure & size to be lacking, due to an insufficient amount of illumination being delivered to the grow points.

D

DrGreenLean

Soaked rags in a bowl with a small amount of water in the bottom. This worked very well for me! Also see good reports all over the place for this technique. The extra water at the bottom is so the rag can soak it up... Just saves you having to keep wetting the sock/tea towl/rag all the time!

Hope this helps. :rain

L

lamchop

Thanx guys will be trying all suggestions!! Not in the desert just one dry cupboard in the centre of the house!!! Have managed to get it 40% jus by the bowl of water today!! First grow so any info is greatly received!!!! Happy toking!!!!

J

John Smith Esq.

never tried the towel thing (which does sound a descent idea btw) but In Veg I find a spray bottle only needs a few squirts every couple hours or so and I get 80% hum in no time.

If its not already lining the cupboard with Mylar will help keep some moisture in.

F

farmerjohn

40% beats the hell out of 20%! That's still dry, but in the flowering area, it would probably work. You might find you are watering a bit more than normal, yet bud mold problems wouldn't have you up @ night, worrying.

Top Bottom