Need more information on my beneficial mix

• Thread starter ArtofHydro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

I feel confident with the knowledge ive obtained through my years in growing, within the past 2 years i have been focusing more and more on growing bigger and healthier roots systems. I understand the benefits of mycorrhizal inoculants and maintaining a good rhizosphere. I am a big fan of Xtreme Gardenings Azos and Mykos. I also use Insect Frass and Sea Green from Primordial Solutions. I use Azos, Mykos, and Insect Frass through every transplant (i mix the Insect Frass in my soil apply the azos and mykos directly to roots).
So my question(s) is, can i make a mixture (i want to say "tea" but i dont bubble/brew it for 24 hours+) and apply this once a week in conjunction with my nutrient regime and still see great benefits? Im sure i will see benefits, but would anyone know a better amount/gal of each product? should i use this mix (listed below) more than once a week? Should I actually brew this mix for 24+ hours instead of a well mix? (i use a cordless drill with a paint mixer attachment - works tits!) Should i be using Primordial Solutions Sea Green more than once a week? Final question - is there anything i can add to my recipe? - maybe more beneficials such as trichodermas or bacillus strains? Im pondering using some Organism Xl made by Roots Organics in my mix, but i dont want to over populate my little community down there, for i know that they will reproduce their own organisms.

Now, i take:
2 tsp Mykos WP/ gal (i use mykos wp because its pretty water solualbe when agitated)
1 tbsp Azos/gal
1/2 Cup Insect Frass/gal (even though its a challenge to mix in water)
1/2 ml of Sea Green/gal

and Mix thoroughly in a 5 gal bucket. apply once a week.

I grow in a soilless medium and alternate between feeding and watering. i would substitute a Watering day for this concoction and continue with my regular nutrient regime. anyone see any conflict with that either?

Sorry for the overwhelming number of questions, any valid input is well appreciated!
Thanks,
Art

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

do you currently brew a tea? Are you able to brew tea? if not I dont know if Id worry to much about all that jazz and just brew a tea with far more microlife. Your on point with transplants and adding some life to start but imo you can save more money and culture more life with a smaller amount myco and food for them with proper brewer and pump.

Shit not to mention hit me up bro i will give you my number pm.. I need to ask some equip spec questions lol.
mwd

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

Thanks, you actually answered a question that i forgot to ask - "Would i get the same benefits if i brewed and used a tea once a week." Currently i am not brewing teas, nor have a proper brewer. i know of a couple methods to make a brewing kit with proper aeration for low cost, i only need 5-10 gallons at a time.
I know a couple of tea recipes and how to change them for different periods of plant life. now would it be more simple if I used Xtreme Gardenings Tea Brews? and just rocked that once a week?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Oh yeah and then some. Game changer in mine and several friends Ive helped switch over as well. I like the brew kit they offer and actually just used my last pouch but ogbiowar products seem to have replaced them.

I make my own castings and have a composter but still tend to add more diversity with ancient forest and bu's blend. Diversity imo is key.

I would peruse capulator's threads in the nutrients and ferts section and get familiarized some and as well as simplic-t and microbeorganics website. (i think thats it) Teaming with microbes really helps info sink in. I have the book and will drop it off tomorrow. Peace

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

I love reading Capulator's threads, I really want to try out his benni caplets he distributes. That dude has some great knowledge and ive had millions of questions for the guy, but im working on building my own knowledge a bit before i ask something stupid if you know what i mean!

right on brother thanks for the help

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

earthworm castings are the very best thing you can add to either fungal or bacterial brews. I like fungal brews better

Top Bottom