need more power

• Thread starter USMCtanker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

USMCtanker

hello farmers. well i have my garden in tents in my basement. one for flower and one for veg. a total of 2 600 and a 1000watt. but as of right now all i got is the 2 600 and my big flower tent really needs the 1000 to give them all enuff light. prob is if i do it flips the fuse for the basment. now i dont know much of electrical. i havce done some research and found these boxs called power boxs. says it can plug right in. but looks like it need a special plug in. or says it can be hard wires. when it says hard wired does that mean somewhere in basement? i dont want to buy the thing if it wont work. any ideas or links or advice is great guys. just need to fing out how i can power this with out haveing to worrie about it triping. thanks

lollipopman

lollipopman

is your fuse panel in the basement?

what color is the wire probaly white? it can only hold 15 amps

2200/120=18.33 amps is what you have

electrical is not hard got get some 12/2 wire its yellow, wire it up in the fuse panel, black is hot and white is nuetral, copper is your fail safe ground

A

AFS420

switch from 120v to 240v and you should be fine. also upgrade your brakers to a higher amp

A

AFS420

you can also run an extention cord from the house to the basement with noproblems.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

DUDE. You're messing with electricity. Don't take any advice from an internet forum. I understand security is a concern; you can't have any old electrician come into the grow show, but your local home improvement store has do-it-yourself electricity books that will explain the SAFE way to get your lights running. DO NOT USE ANY EXTENSION CORDS WITH HID LIGHTING. They will draw more amps, run hotter, and put out less light. Hard-wired just means connecting the appliance (in your case, the light) to your electrical wiring without the use of plugs. Play it safe, brother, and you can rest easier knowing you're not going to lose your crop, equipment, house, etc in a fire. You can downgrade the veg room wattage quite a bit and use the 2 600 watters for the bloom room if you must. The quality will not be quite as good, but it beats a house fire. :) Good luck, and keep us posted on the grow.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Great advice altitudefarmer and been. AFS420 your advice scares me, and I'm an IBEW electrician. Trust me there are plenty of good electricians whome also respect good herb. Find one of them or try a book, but be careful because home depot had a book that they had to recall due to serious errors. Also, that bare wire in romex(NM-non metalic cable) is not a ground it is really a BOND, a system is only grounded (earthed) at the service or main pannel taken to a ground rod. A little technical but with electricity when you fuck up,,,,,,,,peple DIE

Top Bottom